Please help answer survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aikagera

Hi there,

We are three students doing research on EV ownership. Please help us to move forward with this research and answer few questions below:

1. What Vehicle do you drive and what year vehicle is it?
2. What are you greatest fears with owning an EV?
3. Have you considered buying a previously owned EV?
4. What concerns do you have when considering buying a previously owed EV?
5. Are government subsidies available to you for the purchase of an EV?
6. What age group do you fall in? Gender?

Thank you so much in advance!
Regards,
Aika

We have a 2011 Nissan LEAF and a 2013 Chevrolet Volt.

An expensive out of warranty repair that could only be handled at the dealership.

Yes,

Overall condition of the vehicle and range degradation.

Yes,

50-60. Male.

aikagera said:
Hi there,

We are three students doing research on EV ownership. Please help us to move forward with this research and answer few questions below:

2012 Fiat 500

Range, expensive repairs, affordability

Yes

Condition of the battery, especially on a Leaf.

Government subsidies is a tricky one - the U.S. has a $7500 tax credit (assuming you qualify and the car you are looking at still qualifies for it) and my state offers a $2500 credit on new car purchases.

45 - Male

Regards,
Aika

aikagera said:
Hi there,

2015 Nissan Leaf
It doesn't engender any particular fear
Yes
Condition/ how well the car was treated -- same as any car
Yes
Adult male
Regards,
Aika

aikagera said:
Hi there,

Regards,
Aika

1. 2018 Nissan Leaf
2. Running out of battery on the road
3. Yes
4. Battery condition
5. Yes
6. 40-50. Male

I’m going to rain on the parade here Aika. Before soliciting information, I believe survey responders need to know a bit about you, your survey purpose, how the results will be used, and contact information. Your information does not even include what country you are in. And there’s a certain amount of sloppiness in the survey*, raising some suspicion in my mind as to what might happen to seemingly innocuous information gathering.

Please address these concerns and, given your answers, you might have more responses.

*Examples:
1- first sentence omits indefinite article...common among those for whom English is not their first language
2- wrong word in question 4: “owed” instead of “owned”

I agree with the previous post. I am a psychologist, and know a little about doing "research"

If this individual is "doing research", the questions are very broad, and open ended, and sound like a high school science project.

I think that the OP should give some information about themselves, their research, and specific use and confidentiality in the responses obtained.

If this is in fact research, then the questions should have multiple choice, and many more questions.

1. Nissan Leaf--2011 first, then 2015.
2. Flat tire beyond repair with no onboard spare and expensive dealer-only repairs (due to need for proprietary tools/test equipment) after warranty expires are main concerns.
3. I considered buying used when I was forced to replace the 2011. The annual mileage that I drive and tax credits available only on new EVs made it best to purchase a new 2015.
4. Vehicle condition, how it was treated, remaining warranty, and battery condition are main concerns.
5. Federal tax credit (only on new EV).
6. Male, 50-60.

SalisburySam said:
I’m going to rain on the parade here Aika. Before soliciting information, I believe survey responders need to know a bit about you, your survey purpose, how the results will be used, and contact information. Your information does not even include what country you are in. And there’s a certain amount of sloppiness in the survey*, raising some suspicion in my mind as to what might happen to seemingly innocuous information gathering.

Please address these concerns and, given your answers, you might have more responses.
+1
powersurge said:
If this individual is "doing research", the questions are very broad, and open ended, and sound like a high school science project.

I think that the OP should give some information about themselves, their research, and specific use and confidentiality in the responses obtained.
Agreed. And, I don't like the fact that it seems we can only (?) answer publicly. I guess we could PM them, but since they're not a paid member, their inbox could quickly fill up and hit the limit.

Back