Just hit 8 bars with $8,000 owed = advice needed!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
NO. More like $8k+.

Nissan was offering the 24 kWh battery for$5,499 plus install last year. The install only takes 3 hours. It sounds like a battery replacement is closer to $6k to me.

TexasLeaf said:
LeftieBiker said:
NO. More like $8k+.

Nissan was offering the 24 kWh battery for$5,499 plus install last year. The install only takes 3 hours. It sounds like a battery replacement is closer to $6k to me.
Not any more. Please see http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25882&hilit=increase. If you wish, skip to the last few pages of it.

As someone above pointed out, the key to turning this expensive purchase into a reasonable one is charging at work (or at least nearby)

cwerdna said:
^^^
Well, the 4/2013+ build months having probably better packs has been mentioned a countless number of times here.

I can't speak to all other places though.

I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread but +1 on the advice of 120 volt outlet at work. If one charges all day on that, that'll really improve the useful life of this car for this commute.

I had a April 2013 SV, The battery dropped pretty bad, almost like the Pre March batteries. However it did not look the 9th bar before the warranty expired. Range has gotten pretty bad and was starting to become an issue till the car got hit and totaled. It almost feels like the car had 1/2 the batteries with old chemistry and 1/2 with new.

Depending how much you like driving EV another option would be having someone replace the cells in your battery with the packs from a newer one. Depending how cheaply you can find a pack from a totaled Leaf and the cost for someone who can do the swap. EV's seem to be really growing popularity in CO, I think due to the rebates the state was giving so maybe you can find a some good ev repair.

Back