Nissan Leaf Wiper Blades: Part Numbers and Compilation from Forum

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This beating of the wiper blade "horse" is ridiculous....

Streaks? that does not mean that you replace them. That means that they are dirty. Use a rag with rubbing alcohol and clean them.. You only replace blades when the ends of the blades start to rip....

GO TO AUTOZONE. Buy the right length blades... They will install free.. Smile....

PS - You wonder how long do they last? In 45 years of driving, I have never had any wiper blade break until 1-2 years old.. Isn't that enough?

brycenesbitt said:
This is a compilation of information drawn from the forums and original research. Message me if you wish to see this post updated. Last update March 2018.

For the factory OEM Nissan wipers for the 2011-2014 Leaf:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Driver Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-105 (650mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:
  • Honda 76622-STK-A02
  • Nissan 288951AA0A

Searching Amazon for this^^^ Honda part number, the item specifications say it is 18 inches long (not 26)...

Front Passenger Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-085 (400mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:
  • Nissan 288951AA1A
  • Honda 76632STKA02
and the description of this one says "4 x 3 x 0.5 inches"

Does Amazon have any idea what they are selling? Sorry if the answer is buried somewhere in the 7 pages of replies to this thread...

BuckMkII said:
brycenesbitt said:
This is a compilation of information drawn from the forums and original research. Message me if you wish to see this post updated. Last update March 2018.

For the factory OEM Nissan wipers for the 2011-2014 Leaf:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Driver Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-105 (650mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:
  • Honda 76622-STK-A02

Searching Amazon for this^^^ Honda part number, the item specifications say it is 18 inches long (not 26)...
I ordered two of these and they *are* 650 mm, so they got that right.

ttweed said:
macnut said:
Some or all Nissan dealers now offer a lower-priced hybrid replacement blade that fits all years with the following part not.:
Front driver side: B889UHS26JNW
Front pass. side: B889UHS16JNW
CONCLUSION
The hybrid replacement blades from the dealer are probably a good choice as they look sleek, perform like traditional blades (which they are under the outer covering), and can potentially have refills fitted when necessary if you are resourceful.

I agree-- Nissan has gotten competitive with these OEM replacements, finally. They used to be stupid expensive at the dealer, but no more. I just picked up a set of these front driver and passenger blades mentioned above from my local dealer for $26.92 including the 8% CA tax. There is no reason to even consider refills anymore for me when the complete blades are available at such a reasonable price. With shipping, the last set of refills I got were over $27 online a couple years ago.

wipers.jpg

TT

...and on my 2015, there is interference between the blades. Still trying to source OEM (ORIGINAL OEM, not "Nissan Advantage") for my 2015 that don't have an interference issue...

2015 Leaf: After several days of pondering, and lengthy searching by my dealership (unable to source actual OEM wiper blades) I ended up with this:

Duralast: Aero blade DLA-26 and DLA 16.

No adapters needed, I attached them directly to the "j hook" wiper arm, and the fit is perfect. Hope they last!

After 4.5 years and 30,000 miles on our 2013, decided to replace wiper inserts. Info in this thread and the underlying thread was most helpful. To wit: went to local Nissan dealer in our small city, and asked for wiper inserts. Was told they only sell the blade assemblies. So I left, and headed to the Honda dealer. Asked for the 76632-STK-A02 passenger and 76622-STK-A02 driver inserts. Got the passenger side, but the driver side was 76622-TP6-A02. I took them at $8.50 each. They worked perfectly.

I also bought a 10" exact fit blade for the rear, but have not replaced it yet. They've made it difficult to remove the rubber from the exactfit blade by splaying the sides of the metal strips on one end.

Leaf15 said:
I replaced original (3 years old Leaf, have no idea if those were ever replaced) with Silblade offset wipers first, but 26" one never operated smooth on back stroke (between 12:00 and 2:00). After 3 months, I finally bought and installed Nissan OEM H26/16 offset hybrid beam wipers and they performed flawlessly so far.
Update:
OEM wipers started to make nasty noise on up stroke on not so wet glass. So I am back to drawing board. This time I decided to take different approach. I knew Toyota wipers are excellent, perhaps one of the best on the market. I had spare wiper insert from Lexus and when I tried it with silblade's metal inserts (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00509ILNY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_cu3oCbS29DG40) they were designed exactly the same, so the only thing left was to find Toyota with same wiper blades length (buying set is more cost effective). The match was "2009-2013 COROLLA Front Windshield Wiper Inserts NEW Genuine Toyota OEM" https://www.ebay.com/itm/321808464122. Those wipers blades rubber dimensions are identical to silblades, but the material is different for sure (softer and matte surface vs. rigid and shiny on silblade one). No complaints so far on blades operation. Will update in a few months.

gncndad said:
There is no reason to even consider refills anymore for me when the complete blades are available at such a reasonable price.

Disagree. There is a greater environmental cost, both in product and packaging content.

BTW, even though they carry the same OEM supplier part number, my Honda branded inserts seem to be outperforming what I had come to expect from the Nissan branded ones. Of course, in the intervening 2 years the OEM may have improved their product too.

Does anyone have info on a good fitting silicone blade replacement?

I'd love to replace my wipers with something longer-lasting!

aknightshymalan said:

Haven't tried silicone blades. I use Bosch Icon which claim to last "40% longer", for whatever that's worth. But I replace wipers yearly anyway -- it's not just UV and Ozone that degrades them, but dirt and debris too. Our rainy season is about to start, so it's time. One other thing that helps is polishing the windshield. I find this Nu-Finish trick from Scotty Kilmer really works and I don't get the "punishment-chatter" that Rain-X gives you if you don't keep applying the stuff religiously.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTkbwli1i2Y[/youtube]

I found that the refills for a Honda CR-V 2012 - 2016 work on the LEAF OEM blades (on a 2015 at least). The fronts are the same and the rear refill is 3" longer, but can be cut to fit.

There is a 3rd party on amazon selling this as a kit. Not bad for $13 for all three. The listing isn't clear if the rear refill is included, but it was on my order. These come without the metal inserts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RBXPZXL

I replaced mine at 12 months with Nissan blades, right from the dealer. Did not want to take any chance of 3rd party blades not fitting or streaking. All good so far.

gncndad said:
ttweed said:
macnut said:
Some or all Nissan dealers now offer a lower-priced hybrid replacement blade that fits all years with the following part not.:
Front driver side: B889UHS26JNW
Front pass. side: B889UHS16JNW
CONCLUSION
The hybrid replacement blades from the dealer are probably a good choice as they look sleek, perform like traditional blades (which they are under the outer covering), and can potentially have refills fitted when necessary if you are resourceful.

I agree-- Nissan has gotten competitive with these OEM replacements, finally. They used to be stupid expensive at the dealer, but no more. I just picked up a set of these front driver and passenger blades mentioned above from my local dealer for $26.92 including the 8% CA tax. There is no reason to even consider refills anymore for me when the complete blades are available at such a reasonable price. With shipping, the last set of refills I got were over $27 online a couple years ago.

wipers.jpg

TT

...and on my 2015, there is interference between the blades. Still trying to source OEM (ORIGINAL OEM, not "Nissan Advantage") for my 2015 that don't have an interference issue...

Just replaced with B889UHS26JNW, B889UHS16JNW. They barely fit without interference, but seem to be working just fine. The Duramax I had previously lasted less than 2 years, in TX heat.

aknightshymalan said:

Silblade UB126-OS for the driver's side, and UB116-OS for the passenger side work.
Not sure about the rear.
http://www.silblade.com/
But you have to message them about replacement blades, they seem to sell on full frames plus blades.
They claim 5 year or so lifetime for the silicon blades.
They package some products in carboard, to reduce plastic waste.

Or try http://www.piaa.com/siliconewiperblades

Update for 2018 Leaf

The following wiper blade refills fit in the 2018 Leaf (now with 14" rear blade).

Honda OEM:
Left side (26"/650mm): P/N: 76622-STK-A02 (CR-V part)
Right side (16"/400mm): P/N: 76632-STK-A02 (CR-V part)
Rear (14"/350mm): P/N: 76722-SZA-A01 (Pilot part)

They were about $10 each in 12/2021 at the dealership. Online shopping for the same parts cost the same amount when shipping was included. Not sure why shipping is $5/blade and not $5 for the whole order.

Note, the rear blade is a bit of a pain to get off now that it is 14". It seemed like it was going to break before it came off but it came off and went back on just fine. I have heard of other completely unscrewing and removing the arm to get it off or changing the refill in place.

TooncesDriving said:
Update for 2018 Leaf

The following wiper blade refills fit in the 2018 Leaf (now with 14" rear blade).

Honda OEM:
Left side (26"/650mm): P/N: 76622-STK-A02 (CR-V part)
Right side (16"/400mm): P/N: 76632-STK-A02 (CR-V part)
Rear (14"/350mm): P/N: 76722-SZA-A01 (Pilot part)

They were about $10 each in 12/2021 at the dealership. Online shopping for the same parts cost the same amount when shipping was included. Not sure why shipping is $5/blade and not $5 for the whole order.

Note, the rear blade is a bit of a pain to get off now that it is 14". It seemed like it was going to break before it came off but it came off and went back on just fine. I have heard of other completely unscrewing and removing the arm to get it off or changing the refill in place.

Confirmed that these part numbers work for a 2021 Leaf SV.

Local Honda dealer charged $7.35 + tax per blade, which is actually a bit cheaper than buying online + shipping fees (as of Mar 2022). Plus buying local probably lessens the carbon footprint (delivery + packaging).

The rear is indeed pain to remove, but what worked for me was grabbing the entire insert portion in the middle of the blade, pulling outwards [toward the windshield] so that one of the insert ends slips through the first holder. Then I shifted the insert back and forth to remove it from the other holders. While the insert is out, I rested the blade on a piece of cloth so it doesn't scratch the rear windshield. Installation is the reverse.

Back