2018 Leaf Trailer Hitch

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kennethbokor said:
Hi thanks all for the responses. I kinda thought so but wanted to get some real life experience feedback!

I've heard that a roof rack can cut down range, as much as 5% or so maybe more, but that is because of aerodynamics.

Let us know what you decide to do @kennethbokor and if you find any good prices on those hitches. I'm thinking about trying a Hitch mounted cargo carrier on my 2017, but mine's a lease, so I want to confirm with the dealer that I'm not voiding the warranty.

LeftieBiker said:
I don't think towing is allowed either, but I'm curious as to whether I can put a hitch-mounted cargo carrier on my 2017.

As long as you stay within the load limits. People have used those carriers to hold generators.

Thanks. I'll double check with the dealer, since mine's a lease. I have been adding up the weights on my expected loads in the meantime though. Pretty sure I can keep it under 200lbs on the carrier, but getting a lightweight aluminum carrier will make a difference.

marcelg said:
kennethbokor said:
Hi thanks all for the responses. I kinda thought so but wanted to get some real life experience feedback!

I've heard that a roof rack can cut down range, as much as 5% or so maybe more, but that is because of aerodynamics.

Let us know what you decide to do @kennethbokor and if you find any good prices on those hitches. I'm thinking about trying a Hitch mounted cargo carrier on my 2017, but mine's a lease, so I want to confirm with the dealer that I'm not voiding the warranty.

I wonder if you had a chance to talk to your dealer about this, if so, can you let us know what they said?

Thanks!

FWIW, the Curt 11396 hitch fits the 2018 Nissan Leaf, if all you want to do is mount a bike or cargo carrier:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KB6YF3G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_uKAaCb0CPTGP3

I doubt the wiring harness is compatible though, so no trailers (which Nissan doesn't recommend anyways).

Back