EVgo DC FC prices changing on Feb 12, 2019

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$50 k per station but for how many stations? The per unit cost is likely smaller when installing 20. We had someone try to install DCFCs in the Seattle area but his plans were derailed when he found out site upgrades and construction added as much as $100K to the bill.

GetOffYourGas said:
SageBrush said:
IIRC Superchargers are about $50k a station
Do you have a source for this? EA claims that their stations cost $1M or more to build.
EA uses 'station' to mean location; I use the word to mean a plug.

So that is 4x - 8x of the difference. Even so, the EA build-out is quite a bit more expensive.
There are a few, somewhat sub-optimal references to the Supercharger cost. The one I like the most (and which also is ballpark with the other estimates) is from Elon Musk who reported that 170M had been spent on the Supercharger deployment as of 2016.

Europe just reported that the Model 3 charges at 125 kW up to ~ 45% SoC when using a 175 kW charger.
That is awesome. I'll be able to jump from Supercharger to Supercharger when V3 is released at 2 kWh a minute. That works out to stops of 10-15 minutes every ~ 2 hours and a fuel cost on trips of 3 cents a mile.

Back