golfcart
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:08 am
Delivery Date: 21 Nov 2015
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:00 am

cwerdna wrote:I thought someone was asking in one of these threads if anyone had bought a Leaf Plus yet...
golfcart wrote:Has anyone seen an S Plus available at a dealer? When I search on Nissan USA's inventory page I can't find a single one in stock but there are SV Plus and SL Plus available all over the place.
FWIW, I was at https://www.stevencreeknissan.com/ to try to see what they'd give me for my '13 Leaf (ridiculously low), and before I left, I asked if they had any Leaf Plus in stock. The appraiser guy claimed he didn't sell cars only appraise, but he said something like "the 62?" Anyway, after talking to him and another sales droid, yes, we determined we were talking about the 62 kWh Leaf.

They said they didn't have any, only the "150 mile" one. I asked when they'd get any. Reply: In the next 3 to 4 months...

Sales droid made some remarks that they can't usually sell Leafs for a profit or much of a profit at all. He hinted that 62 kWh Leaf would start out at MSRP.

The dealer changed ownership recently. It was previously part of one of three "Premier" Nissans in the Bay Area.
That's interesting, you'd think California would be the first place to get them. There are three SL Plus and one SV Plus on lots in my area already according to dealer webpages so they seem to be shipping down this way although I haven't confirmed in person.

I was asking specifically about the S Plus though I just didn't see any of those available ANYWHERE and I think they are a (relatively) great value if you aren't concerned with Propilot stuff. You get the HP, Torque, big screen, heated seats, and range for about the price of a fully loaded 40kWh SV. I just checked this morning on nissanusa.com and there are S Plus available now in the inventory search so they must have just rolled those out a bit later.

And yes, the trade value on 24kWh Leaf really is disgustingly low at this point.. I'm glad I didn't pay anything close to MSRP on my 2015 or I'd be pissed. :D
2018 SV

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 12775
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:01 am

There are three SL Plus and one SV Plus on lots in my area already according to dealer webpages so they seem to be shipping down this way although I haven't confirmed in person.
When the Bolt first came out, they were appearing on dealer websites here, too - but there weren't any. They were pre-orders being shipped to those dealers to deliver to the customers who ordered them, and were never actually in stock.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

golfcart
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:08 am
Delivery Date: 21 Nov 2015
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
There are three SL Plus and one SV Plus on lots in my area already according to dealer webpages so they seem to be shipping down this way although I haven't confirmed in person.
When the Bolt first came out, they were appearing on dealer websites here, too - but there weren't any. They were pre-orders being shipped to those dealers to deliver to the customers who ordered them, and were never actually in stock.
I bet you that is the reason. Thanks.
2018 SV

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Does anyone know where the battery vents in the leaf plus? I had heard it’s to the cabin, to take advantage of climate control. I don’t have anything to back that up.

In our 13 we tape the front grill in the winter as it slows the batter cooling from garage to outdoor temps (especially in sub zero or -23 F like we saw this year) and reduces cold air into the cabin.
2019 SV Plus Silver
2013 Leaf SV
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max distance on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max distance on 19 Leaf: 242 Highway 4.5 miles/kWh (4.9 KWh remaining)

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14030
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:11 pm

DougWantsALeaf wrote:Does anyone know where the battery vents in the leaf plus? I had heard it’s to the cabin, to take advantage of climate control. I don’t have anything to back that up.

In our 13 we tape the front grill in the winter as it slows the batter cooling from garage to outdoor temps (especially in sub zero or -23 F like we saw this year) and reduces cold air into the cabin.
No venting of any kind
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 12775
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:27 pm

golfcart wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:
There are three SL Plus and one SV Plus on lots in my area already according to dealer webpages so they seem to be shipping down this way although I haven't confirmed in person.
When the Bolt first came out, they were appearing on dealer websites here, too - but there weren't any. They were pre-orders being shipped to those dealers to deliver to the customers who ordered them, and were never actually in stock.
I bet you that is the reason. Thanks.
You're welcome. To further explain: these Bolts didn't just appear in website listings when they arrived at the dealerships - they appeared as soon as they were shipped from the factory, in many cases, and transit to dealers seemed to take as long as three weeks(!). This meant that they couldn't even be 'walked around' on the lot.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

SageBrush
Posts: 4588
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: NM

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
golfcart wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:
When the Bolt first came out, they were appearing on dealer websites here, too - but there weren't any. They were pre-orders being shipped to those dealers to deliver to the customers who ordered them, and were never actually in stock.
I bet you that is the reason. Thanks.
You're welcome. To further explain: these Bolts didn't just appear in website listings when they arrived at the dealerships - they appeared as soon as they were shipped from the factory, in many cases, and transit to dealers seemed to take as long as three weeks(!). This meant that they couldn't even be 'walked around' on the lot.
I noticed the same when the Prius Prime first came out. In some cases even when cars finally reached a dealership the car could be invisible if it was reserved for a customer.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

gesingle
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:03 am
Delivery Date: 14 Mar 2019
Leaf Number: 309521
Location: North Carolina

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:28 am

After over 6 months of anticipation, we now have a new LEAF SL Plus! So new, the insurance company couldn't decode the VIN. Perhaps the Plus has a different model code in the VIN.

I checked the Nissan inventory search. Pluses started to show up in our region around March 7 and one appeared for the local dealer on March 11. I think they actually received it on March 12. The Smyrna factory is less than a day's drive away. Our dealer is in a mostly rural county and it's been about a year since they last had a LEAF on the lot. I checked with some dealers in the closest major city (Charlotte, NC) and they had not heard anything about when they would get a Plus.

We cut it close. Our 2015 LEAF was leased and we were granted a 6 month extension, expiring on March 19! We purchased the new one and intend to drive it for at least 10 years. With the big battery, we can tolerate significant degradation and still have much better range than the 2015.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14030
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:35 am

gesingle wrote:After over 6 months of anticipation, we now have a new LEAF SL Plus! So new, the insurance company couldn't decode the VIN. Perhaps the Plus has a different model code in the VIN.

I checked the Nissan inventory search. Pluses started to show up in our region around March 7 and one appeared for the local dealer on March 11. I think they actually received it on March 12. The Smyrna factory is less than a day's drive away. Our dealer is in a mostly rural county and it's been about a year since they last had a LEAF on the lot. I checked with some dealers in the closest major city (Charlotte, NC) and they had not heard anything about when they would get a Plus.

We cut it close. Our 2015 LEAF was leased and we were granted a 6 month extension, expiring on March 19! We purchased the new one and intend to drive it for at least 10 years. With the big battery, we can tolerate significant degradation and still have much better range than the 2015.
This is the norm for new cars especially existing models with major changes. Your insurance company will still cover you and they will figure it out usually in less than a month.

Congrats on car! any new degradation warranty info to pass along? What SOC does the knee happen?
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lorenfb
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: 2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:56 am

gesingle wrote:After over 6 months of anticipation, we now have a new LEAF SL Plus!
Congrats and welcome to MNL.

I was at a Nissan dealer this past week considering a 2019 SV (no Pro), but the lowest on a 3 yr was $3K plus $350/mo.
They indicated that in the next few weeks they might have a Plus. I'll wait and see how the 2019s sell and how motivated Nissan
is to "move" the 2019s this summer.

I've been a little concerned that the LeafSpy app might not communicate with the 2019 Leafs. Are you aware of the LeafSpy app
that runs on iOS & Android? It can provide a lot info on the Leaf's battery. There's a free version for download. You might consider
downloading the app and providing MNL some battery data about your new Leaf.
#1 Leaf SL MY 9/13: 74K miles, 48 Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=78, L2 - 100% > 1000, temp < 95F, (DOD) > 20 Ahrs
#2 Leaf SL MY 12/18: 4.5K miles, 115 Ahrs, 5.5 miles/kWh (average), Hx=98, SOH=99, DOD > 20%, temp < 105F

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”