I Beat EPA's 2.9 Miles/KWh : Report Your Monthly Mileage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becky50 said:
I drive a 2012 LEAF & my lifetime number is 4.6miles/KWh. My total mileage is just over 40,000 miles. The LEAF has been & continues to be the perfect vehicle for this retiree.
Thats amazing.
What speed for freeway driving?

Based on my cumulative ChargePoint kWh consumed and mileage (8000) I'm getting about 4.3 m/kWh. This is in CO where the air is thin. About half my mileage is at 55mph or so and half on city streets. I've QC'd twice at the dealer and the twice at home and the car probably had 100 miles on it when new but 4.3 should be pretty close. The biggest error is probably the odometer which I assume has the same built-in error as the speedometer.

At 55mph, with a steady foot and 2 adults, I could regularly get 5 miles per kWh with my 2013 leaf with the original tires. I later got tired which did better in the snow, which knocked it down 6-7%.

Excited to see how the new leaf does at 55 on the highway as it is slightly more efficient.

Back