2018 Leaf SV led fog upgrade?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustanT

So I just leased a 2018 SV and it has the very nice bright led headlights. I was very happy when I first used them due to the brightness, but I was not to impressed with the fogs. Mine are incandescent and look awful. Has anyone replaced with LED's? any issues or color/temp matching problems. I'd like to change the interior to.

Those little lights are not significantly improving the light. I would not waste any money or effort in changing the lights.

Also don't change the interior. If you lease, you will lose all the money and effort you have spent.... Don't improve something you don't own and have to give back.

YES! LED Fog Lamps are a huge improvement! Bought these off The Big A-zon for around $25 took all of 30 minutes to install (with power driver). They're not listed as H8...but H11 and are compatible according "to them". ;)
No night drive yet but they're almost as bright as the LED headlamps...just gotta be better! Now, will they last???

Ed

0CopgVs.jpg

9vaTeyj.jpg

2ak8AV9.jpg

7SkZktJ.jpg

FWn18fG.jpg

Yeah, You may like how bright they are...

But you may not be so popular with your brighter-than-the-sun lights with other drivers.

Even if you put LEDs in your regular headlight lenses, they are not made to handle (and focus) the higher intensity light so that you don't blind people..

lorenfb said:
DustanT said:
I'd like to change the interior to.

A LED makes a nice improvement for interior & trunk (~ $2 for each LED).

Don't know about the 2018, but Gen1 LEAFS trunk-light was atrocious due to placement of the single light and the weak incan bulb made it practically useless. I found an LED replacement that was much brighter. The placement of the light still sucks but at least I can see inside the cargo area.

Nubo said:
lorenfb said:
DustanT said:
I'd like to change the interior to.

A LED makes a nice improvement for interior & trunk (~ $2 for each LED).

Don't know about the 2018, but Gen1 LEAFS trunk-light was atrocious due to placement of the single light and the weak incan bulb made it practically useless. I found an LED replacement that was much brighter. The placement of the light still sucks but at least I can see inside the cargo area.

Did it to both the '13 & '18.

I replaced map, dome, and cargo lights with LEDs in 2011. 2015 and 2019 already have LED map lights from factory so I just had to replace dome and cargo lights. The bright white LEDs are a significant improvement, especially for the cargo area. I really noticed the difference when moving personal stuff from the 2015 to the 2019 the evening I picked up the new car.

Ed,

What color LED bulb did you get? They seem more on the blue size compared to the factory headlights.

Are they still working and no issues?

Ed, what color H11 bulbs did you get? Do they match the DLR lights and headlights?

They seem a little on the blue side as opposed to white.

corkycal said:
Ed, what color H11 bulbs did you get? Do they match the DLR lights and headlights?

They seem a little on the blue side as opposed to white.

I think Ed got these from that part number on the box:
https://www.amazon.com/Alla-Lighting-2800lm-Illumination-Replacement/dp/B07G5WJ4ZK

They're listed at 6500K, which is more bluish. If you want more white, get one that's between 4000K-5000K.

Hi,
Just casually looking at the lights at night, they look nearly the same color as the LED headlights. Maybe a slight difference, not much. Actually the "upgrade" did very little to improve the left-right illumination I was hoping for, I guess the reflector design is to blame for that. My Toyota van has fog lamps running H11 bulbs and are FAR superior in that regard to the Leaf's even with the LED bulbs. My goal was to be able to "see" the idiots walking around on dark rainy nights all dressed in black with their hoodies pulled up...Darwin was right.

Ed

Ed and Trigger,

Thanks for the reply. Was there a lot of space behind where you plug in the H8 socket? I’m looking at LED with cooling fans in the rear that may stick out a little more compare to what you’re using. Maybe 1.5-2.0” more.

Wouldn’t want to buy these only to find out there’s something close to the bulb area where it would hit.

Ed,

To access the fog light bulbs, remove three 10mm bolts? Just going by the pictures you posted. Pry down gently the flaps and grab the bulbs?

GerryAZ said:
I replaced map, dome, and cargo lights with LEDs in 2011. 2015 and 2019 already have LED map lights from factory so I just had to replace dome and cargo lights. The bright white LEDs are a significant improvement, especially for the cargo area. I really noticed the difference when moving personal stuff from the 2015 to the 2019 the evening I picked up the new car.

Hello GerryAZ. Where did you get the LED map lights for your 2019 Leaf? I thought those were solded to a board and can't be replaced. If there is a way to replace the map lights to LED I am very interested. Thanks.

edorfox said:
YES! LED Fog Lamps are a huge improvement! Bought these off The Big A-zon for around $25 took all of 30 minutes to install (with power driver). They're not listed as H8...but H11 and are compatible according "to them". ;)
No night drive yet but they're almost as bright as the LED headlamps...just gotta be better! Now, will they last???

Ed

Hello Ed. I was thinking of changing the fog lights of my 2019 Leaf to LED, but change them with the ones with cooling fans built in. The ones with cooling fans are longer in the bottom. I am unsure if they will fit properly. Do you have a picture of the new lights plugged in from the inside? Thanks.

RGNissan23 said:
GerryAZ said:

Hello GerryAZ. Where did you get the LED map lights for your 2019 Leaf? I thought those were solded to a board and can't be replaced. If there is a way to replace the map lights to LED I am very interested. Thanks.

I replaced the map lights in the 2011 with LED's. Both 2015 and 2019 already had LED map lights from the factory so I did not need to replace them. I just replaced the dome light and cargo light bulbs with LED's in the 2015 and 2019.

GerryAZ said:
RGNissan23 said:
GerryAZ said:

I replaced the map lights in the 2011 with LED's. Both 2015 and 2019 already had LED map lights from the factory so I did not need to replace them. I just replaced the dome light and cargo light bulbs with LED's in the 2015 and 2019.

Okay, if they are LEDs then they are the yellow color LEDs. I want to replace them with white LEDs to match the others.

I updated the OEM fog lights with LED bulbs today. I took out 4 screws to have better access to the bulbs, the three black screws Ed mentioned and one white screw (see pic below). There is plenty of space for an LED bulb with a fan. Just make sure the front end of the LED bulb is the same length as the front end of the OEM bulb.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DGF0T8tgM9v9-dMAeDCJOAvG439mv9dM/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kT2uGrvxRYHM-t3cWxTKW2gl2lh_nR2u/view?usp=sharing

Has anyone changed the vanity mirror and glove compartment bulbs? Nissan Leaf manual only says their wattages (1.8W and 1.4W) and not the bulb type.

Back