What is your real world range with 40 and 62 KWH?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DougWantsALeaf said:
Anyone do more then 300 miles on a charge with the plus yet?

If you can get 5.2 miles/kWh at 59 miles per hour, it should be possible and not too painful.

My 2019 40 kWh got 7.1 miles/kWh the other day while doing 72.5 MPH.

Notes:
1. slight downhill grade
2. slight tail wind
3. partial coasting
4. drafting a semi
5. tire pressures @ 52 psi
6. windshield wipers removed
7. side mirrors folded inward

;) ;) ;)

Baltneu said:
Enjoy the new car.

I also have range anxiety on my 2018 SL.
I lease, nothing I can do about it for another 2 1/2 years.

Not true. You can trade in a leased vehicle. There’s always a payoff figure. You don’t know if you don’t ask.

How well or poorly you do to end the lease depends on how the lease was structured. Cap Cost, residual value, money factor, cap cost reduction and acquisition fees calculate the lease payment. There’s also may be a disposition fee at the end if you don’t re-lease.

If you negotiated a low cap cost and high money factor you don’t get hurt much terminating the lease early. If your lease had a high cap cost and high acquisition fee getting out early could be costly.

I helped my daughter sell her leased Lexus back to a Lexus dealership after she got divorced and couldn’t afford the lease payment. She had 18 months remaining on the lease. She only had to give the dealership a check for $150 to walk away.

I decided to run a range test on my 62 KWh for this thread, not scientific and I didn't run LeafSpy the whole time but a captured it at the end reporting 22.5 miles (88 GIDs / 6.8 kWh) remaining vs car reporting 9 miles (3%) when I decided to call it.

This was normal daily commute about 16 miles each way, very favorable temperatures this time of year ranging from 55 to 80.

I wouldn't say I was hyper-miling but I drove fairly efficiently, no hard accelerations etc.

Starting with a full charge (258 total range)
uc

64% remaining (88 miles traveled, 167 remaining, tracking to 255 total range)
uc

39% remaining (142 miles traveled, 102 remaining, tracking to 244 total range)
uc

22% remaining (179 miles traveled, 57 remaining, tracking to 236 total range)
uc

3% remaining (230 miles traveled, 9 remaining, tracking to 239 total range)
uc

LeafSpy at the end
uc

5 to 6.5 miles/kWh of economy is about what I get as well when I'm driving a distance. Inter-city driving seems to come out at about 4.5-5 miles/kWh.

OrientExpress said:
5 to 6.5 miles/kWh of economy is about what I get as well when I'm driving a distance. Inter-city driving seems to come out at about 4.5-5 miles/kWh.

I’ve never seen that kind of efficiency. I’m on my 3rd Leaf (2015/30, 2018/40 and 2019/62) and my lifetime average is 4.1 kWh.

Tonight I just finished a 120 mile trip with my 2019 SL Plus. I started at 90% charged and est 212 miles range on the dash.

The trip was max at 62 mph and averaged 55-62 mph. I arrived with only 54 miles left on the GOM and LeafSpy also agreed.

Headwinds at the first half of the trip and I was only showing 3.0 kWh at 60 mph. By the end of the trip it crept up to 3.3 kWh at 58 mph.

On my plus I get a constant 3.8miles per kw average no matter what I do. Although my GOM averages 230-240 miles at the start, so it seems weird. I've inflated my tires to 43 psi, since my tires say 44psi max on them. So far I have 3980 miles on my plus, and my commute is mixed up and down hill as well as highway and city. I've taken it on 4 trips so far, and going 65mph I usually realistically get 230 miles to out of it, I could probably get more but im not willing to risk it. I've found pro pilot does a better job than me at moderating the pedal, although I prefer manual control. If you want more miles per kw I would say check your tire pressure. From the factory mine was lower than even the lame manufacture suggested psi.

stutech said:
On my plus I get a constant 3.8miles per kw
If you want more miles per kw I would say check your tire pressure.
The correct units in this context are kWh, not "kw". The car's instrumentation uses the right units.

I get 4.1kWh on my '14 S. My commute is very consistent and is probably about 20 miles of 45-55mph, 20 miles of 65-75 and 5 miles of 35-40.

I keep my tires on the low end of the recommended range.

In the winter I was seeing an average of 3.6 miles/kWh & now that the weather has warmed up a bit I'm currently at 4.7 miles/kWh over the last 650 miles. That's split evenly between highway/rural roads & residential. I currently drive 59mph on the highway with ProPilot engaged because it helps me not get caught playing lane frogger.

Our LEAF is an errand car. Lifetime per the car meter is ~ 5 miles per kWh. Non-aggressive drivers, 4 season climate

SageBrush said:
Our LEAF is an errand car. Lifetime per the car meter is ~ 5 miles per kWh. Non-aggressive drivers, 4 season climate

My Leaf ((24 kWh) must be one too, 5.1 to 5.4 consistently!

Same here. Leave eco on to reduce hard acceleration, always on B when not on the highway. 5 miles/kWh even in 45 degree weather is pretty easy to achieve. (Unless driving uphill)

Without hard heat/cooling and heavy passengers, 5 is even doable at 53-55 mph. On flat Illinois roads at least.

Our 2011 never went more than 70 miles, the 19' SV we leased in January so far is proving that the advertised range of 150 is low. I drove to work with it about 84 miles round trip and I had 75 left on GOM, not bad given I drove 75MPH most of the way and didn't use Eco.

badq45t said:
Our 2011 never went more than 70 miles, the 19' SV we leased in January so far is proving that the advertised range of 150 is low. I drove to work with it about 84 miles round trip and I had 75 left on GOM, not bad given I drove 75MPH most of the way and didn't use Eco.

You're making me want to buy a new one.

Our ‘13 could do the 100 if you drove gently for first 2-3years. Our Leaf was one of the low gid models that never showed more then about 257 Gids max. We are an always in eco mode set of drivers. That magic 100 is now closer to 80 as battery is down a bar since end of year 5. Car is still very useful for day to day even with the handicap.

badq45t said:
I feel the GOM is pretty bad when I drive mostly at highway speeds. What was your SOC when you had 75 miles left?

Back