Your Electrician and Charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dl41

There are lots of post about quotes and estimates by electricians and chargers. I am curious to find out what everyone actually installed, for how much and by whom. Can everyone who already has their EVSE installed posted the following:

• Charger Brand and Model
    Charger cost
    Electrician who installed the charger
    Total installation cost
    PG&E Rate (E-9B)

Is this helpful to everyone?

Order Date, Dec 2011

Before EVDRIVER beats me to it ;) technically this should be referred to as a charging station or EVSE, but we all know what you mean. Thanks for starting the topic, it would be great to have this all in one place. Though I haven't ordered a charging station yet, I consistently check this forum to see about others experiences and the latest products :)

OK, I'll bite.

EVSE brand and model: Aerovironment EVSE-RS
EVSE cost: $834.17 including tax and shipping
Electrician who installed the charger: Custom Electric
Total installation cost: $100 (plus $2500 for service panel upgrade) :lol:
PG&E Rate (E-9B): With SCE myself, but going on whole house TOU (TOU-D-T) due to 6.2kWh PV system

Charger Brand and Model: AV
Charger cost: $840
Electrician who installed the charger: Frankie Electric
Total installation cost: $250
PG&E Rate (E-9B): We have "Progress Energy" here, so there's no fancy rates or breaks for an electric car owner. $0.07 per Kwh, plus $0.04 delivery fee.

dl41 said:
There are lots of post about quotes and estimates by electricians and chargers. I am curious to find out what everyone actually installed, for how much and by whom. Can everyone who already has their EVSE installed posted the following:

• Charger Brand and Model
    Charger cost
    Electrician who installed the charger
    Total installation cost
    PG&E Rate (E-9B)

Is this helpful to everyone?

Dan,

Nissan Leaf SL
Order Date, Dec 2011

We already have too many threads on this topic. Please see the AV thread as that's basically al there is installed other than a few EVSE conversions. All the information is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back