Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danrjones said:
I agree, I was excited about the kia niro ev, and its getting good reviews, lots of space inside, lots of range.

But its going for 44-46k if you can even find one.

Instead i just scored a new 2018 leaf, which does what I need it to for now, and I plan to upgrade it a year or two.

The Leaf "Too": not the "Right EV" but the "Right Now EV." ;)

I think so, at least so far, its been the right EV for me right now. I'm doing between 12-20 miles per day every day, but not more.
Went hiking last weekend and had to take my wife's outback since it was about 180 miles round trip. I'd love to be able to do that with the EV, but even the plus wouldn't make it since I also did about 10,000 ft of elevation gain.

So I'd love more range and a promise the batteries will last forever, but that's not gong to happen for what I paid.

Still, if one assumes Nissan will make their product better each year, then trading it in in two years ought to get me something better.

I watch Alex on autos, and though I think he has been a bit harsh on the Leaf (I still think the Leaf is my favorite looking EV on the outside), some of his recent videos had some interesting facts.

As an example, the brand new 2019 Kia Niro EV may get a redesign as soon as 2020, as the actual Body is old.

And you have to assume that Nissan will do some mid cycle updates in 2020 or 2021, right?

Right. But who knows what. We actually gave a 2020 SL Eplus on order. Won’t see it till March. Really curious what the differences will be. Guesses anyone?

Also have been seeking clarification on the Epluses capability for over the air updates. Not a lot of info out there.

webeleafowners said:
Right. But who knows what. We actually gave a 2020 SL Eplus on order. Won’t see it till March. Really curious what the differences will be. Guesses anyone?

Also have been seeking clarification on the Epluses capability for over the air updates. Not a lot of info out there.

If you connect the car to a wifi hot spot, you can go in to the settings and check for and download updated maps, or software. I haven't noticed an update yet. The car does tell you what software version you have, so if you keep track of that it should be obvious if there have been any updates.
Also, you can get live traffic information on the screen even without a SiriusXM subscription, as long as you are connected to wifi (say, through your phone).

Astros said:
webeleafowners said:

If you connect the car to a wifi hot spot, you can go in to the settings and check for and download updated maps, or software. I haven't noticed an update yet. The car does tell you what software version you have, so if you keep track of that it should be obvious if there have been any updates.
Also, you can get live traffic information on the screen even without a SiriusXM subscription, as long as you are connected to wifi (say, through your phone).

Thanks for the reply Astro’s. So is this something akin to what Tesla does as far as updates.

I don’t think our 2016 Leaf does this. Other than charge station data.

webeleafowners said:
Thanks for the reply Astro’s. So is this something akin to what Tesla does as far as updates.

Right, non-Plus Leafs can update charging station info, but the Plus is the first to allow over-the-air map updates. In fact, the Plus no longer has a SD card slot at all, so wifi is the only way to update the maps now.

Astros said:
webeleafowners said:

Right, non-Plus Leafs can update charging station info, but the Plus is the first to allow over-the-air map updates. In fact, the Plus no longer has a SD card slot at all, so wifi is the only way to update the maps now.

Ahhh ok. So in addition to the maps I wonder if the cars software can be updated?

webeleafowners said:
Ahhh ok. So in addition to the maps I wonder if the cars software can be updated?

It claims you can update the software. Above the "Update Maps" option is one to check your software version. When you open that up it tells you the current version and a date, there is an option to check for updates. When I tried that this afternoon, it hung for a moment then changed the date to today. The software version didn't change, so I assume there was no update. For the record, it appears to currently be on version 0339.

Astros said:
webeleafowners said:

It claims you can update the software. Above the "Update Maps" option is one to check your software version. When you open that up it tells you the current version and a date, there is an option to check for updates. When I tried that this afternoon, it hung for a moment then changed the date to today. The software version didn't change, so I assume there was no update. For the record, it appears to currently be on version 0339.

That’s pretty cool. So curious to see what changes for 2020 as ours will be a 2020.

Most of the posts on this topic seem to be about USA availability. Anyone from the UK have a firm delivery date ?

I placed an order for a Leaf plus mid April. I have been told that the Plus models will not be arriving until October, although the 40kwh 2019 models are starting to become available now. No firm delivery date, so anytime in October or even later is likely. I understood that the hold up is the availability of the 62kwh batteries.

Others' experience ?

Leogee said:
Most of the posts on this topic seem to be about USA availability. Anyone from the UK have a firm delivery date ?

I placed an order for a Leaf plus mid April. I have been told that the Plus models will not be arriving until October, although the 40kwh 2019 models are starting to become available now. No firm delivery date, so anytime in October or even later is likely. I understood that the hold up is the availability of the 62kwh batteries.

Others' experience ?

Hello Leogee

I reserved my Leaf e+ the 6th February 2019 and I think I'm probaly the first to reserve it in Portugal. The car is made in Sunderland/UK for all Europe as you know.

The Nissan system tells me that I should receive the e+ until the 14th June (left weel drivers are supposed to get cars first)

I contacted with Nissan Europoe and they replied that there are some constraints in the production of the car but they not specified wich ones.

In resume, I'm getting a bit frustrated with the lack of information. Any info would be very apreciated?

PS: sorry about any flaws in the english writing but I'm not a native english speaker

This is promising information and it sounds like your car will be delivered soon.
You mention being able to see your order status on the “Nissan system”. Where do you find that ?
My only information comes via the dealer.

Leogee said:
This is promising information and it sounds like your car will be delivered soon.
You mention being able to see your order status on the “Nissan system”. Where do you find that ?
My only information comes via the dealer.

The dealer provide me the information based on his access to Nissan system. I have no direct access to it.

Hi ruimegas
did your new e+ actually get delivered on June 14th?
I ordered in Germany on January 25th and was told i could expect delivery by end of July. Last week i heard from the dealer the delivery date will be end of September - 8 weeks delay.
I'd be interested to hear if e+ is already arriving in portugal.

I just learned about this thing (yeah I'm out of the loop).

Good range, good performance. It still looks pretty lame, but the performance and price is there. I will definitely consider getting another Leaf when current lease is up. Plus would be nice, but not at any kind of weird premium.

Back