Six Weeks to Get Cash and Carry AV EVSE?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoaty

I just ordered an AV EVSE cash and carry through my dashboard. I had already asked for a waiver, so "Schedule an Appt" button took me right to the purchase of the AV EVSE. Total cost including CA tax was $846. I was surprised when the web site informed me that delivery of the AV EVSE would be by April 17! I called AV a couple of days ago, and was told that the EVSE would be shipped about 2 days after my order by UPS ground.

So did AV give me wrong info, or is the delivery information on the Nissan web site wrong? Anyone else order a cash & carry AV EVSE recently? If so, how long did delivery take?

Stoaty said:
So did AV give me wrong info, or is the delivery information on the Nissan web site wrong? Anyone else order a cash & carry AV EVSE recently? If so, how long did delivery take?
Most people doing the cash & carry (that I've read) are originally told weeks for delivery, just to have a call a day or two later stating that their order is being sent out...

Stoaty said:
Thanks, that sets my mind at ease. I want to get the EVSE installed before April delivery of my Leaf.

With a late January order date, there is a distinct possibility that your April delivery date just might end up moving into May, or June, or ... (unless of, course, you happen to be one of the very few VIPs).

Mine said a similar timeframe, but arrived days later. I think the portal is just quoting you the approximate delivery date of your car, and is trying to say you'll have it "by then". Odds are good you'll get it much sooner if my experience was typical.

Back