Japanese 200V EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bicster

photo_10.jpg

It doesn't exactly look portable - it could be, but they've wall mounted it. It plugs into a dryer outlet.

Source: http://blog.nissan-carwings.com/carwings/2010/06/post-6d9f.html (Japanese)

Bicster said:
photo_10.jpg

It doesn't exactly look portable - it could be, but they've wall mounted it. It plugs into a dryer outlet.

Source: http://blog.nissan-carwings.com/carwings/2010/06/post-6d9f.html (Japanese)

This should be posted in the charging section.

I don't see why we can't have these. I lived with 220v daily for the first 19 years of my life and only managed to electrocute myself once - when I tried to make a DC adapter for my tape player without actually using any DC conversion electronics AND a metal 1/4" jack. I think I was maybe 10 at the time :lol:

garygid said:
Good find, Thanks.

Perhaps somebody who reads and speaks Japanese can find out more about the technical specs, the availability, and price?

It will come with the car. The article doesn't have any specs, other than to point out the protection circuitry in the EVSE. It just talks about the various ways to charge a Leaf (including fast charging), and the charge station locator built into the car, cell phone connectivity, etc.

I am just guessing of course, but I suspect that you did not kill yourself. :)

At about the same age (4th grade), while working (in the bathtub for safety) with my new chemistry set, I followed all the proper instructions for lighting a match from a "matchbook", and the whole pack burst into flames right there in my hand. I also survived, although my mom was ... considerably stressed as she rushed me (and my somewhat charred and crispy hand) to the doctor.

So, I learned: always question the instructions.

When I was 4 or 5, I saw my dad put away a power cord in the closet. It had bare wires on the end - he'd removed it from some dead appliance and thrown the rest away. I retrieved the cord out of the closet and stuffed the wires into the back of a radio - it had perforated masonite on the back - and plugged it in. The breaker tripped immediately, no harm done.

My mother was not too pleased with my father when they figured out what happened.

When I was a teenager I did something stupid with a home-built Heathkit alarm clock - I don't recall what it was - but when I plugged it in, it shorted and my entire forearm was covered in black soot. It hurt a little.

Then there was that time the washing machine overflowed in my apartment, and I got tickled by 240V when I stepped in the water. (It was a washer/dryer combo.)

I think I survived but maybe this is just a really bad episode of LOST.

Are you a cat ? How many of your nine lives are left ? :lol:
I expect you will be reporting an "incident" with the LEAF in your first week of "use" ;)

I am NOT calling ANY of you guys for help wiring my 100A subpanel :)

BTW, I'm willing to bet that some clever person could buy "Japanese Replacement EVSEs" from a Japanese Nissan dealer and have them shipped to the states, just saying

:)

You listening Gary?

It seems like we've all had our 'Darwin Award' moments when we were younger.

Best that than what I saw on TV today (did anyone else see it, I think it was MSNBC?) - this bubba type was talking about how his drinking water contained flammable chemicals, and to prove it he used his cigarette lighter to light it on fire.

Of course, a huge fireball engulfed his hand and arm. "Damn, that was the biggest one I ever done!", exclaimed he.

While you and I might have done the same demonstration, I dare say that we'd have at least used a barbecue lighter or long match to ignite the water! :lol:

Back