cmwade77
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:04 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2017

Re: 8 bar battery replacement metrics

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Mschop wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone. Purchased the car last night - still showed 9 bars. Range was a less than expected at ~35mi freeway through some foothills. Did a full charge at an L2 station.

After a light drive this morning, car finally showed 8 bars with the following stats:
AHR: 40.50
SOH: 61.93%
HX: 53.93%

Took it to Nissan and they're going to do their test tomorrow to verify I qualify.

Based on my experience in Southern California, at 9 bars it should have around 60 miles of freeway speed driving unless you are using the heater and/or air conditioner, something definitely seems off to me.

Mschop
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:17 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2018

Re: 8 bar battery replacement metrics

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:15 pm

cmwade77 wrote:
Mschop wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone. Purchased the car last night - still showed 9 bars. Range was a less than expected at ~35mi freeway through some foothills. Did a full charge at an L2 station.

After a light drive this morning, car finally showed 8 bars with the following stats:
AHR: 40.50
SOH: 61.93%
HX: 53.93%

Took it to Nissan and they're going to do their test tomorrow to verify I qualify.

Based on my experience in Southern California, at 9 bars it should have around 60 miles of freeway speed driving unless you are using the heater and/or air conditioner, something definitely seems off to me.


I had the heater on and was going ~72mph. Mapping-wise, the travel distance was 35 miles. I had an estimated ~8 miles left on the estimator and my remaining travel distance was ~5 miles so I had to pull over to get charged. Didn't have ECO or B-mode enabled.

User avatar
jhm614
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:48 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000493
Location: Arlington, TX

Re: 8 bar battery replacement metrics

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:40 pm

Mschop wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone. Purchased the car last night - still showed 9 bars. Range was a less than expected at ~35mi freeway through some foothills. Did a full charge at an L2 station.

After a light drive this morning, car finally showed 8 bars with the following stats:
AHR: 40.50
SOH: 61.93%
HX: 53.93%

Took it to Nissan and they're going to do their test tomorrow to verify I qualify.


Congrats! Hope everthing goes as expected!
2011 Brilliant Silver SL - 110,000 gasoline free miles so far.
4BL: 06/29/13 @ 27 months, 43,520 miles, 42.56 Ahr. New 12 bar battery: 09/09/13
4BLx2:12/31/16 @ 69 months, 99,475 miles, 42.99 Ahr.

Reddy
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:09 pm
Delivery Date: 18 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 006828
Location: Pasco, WA

Re: 8 bar battery replacement metrics

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:30 am

Mschop wrote:I had the heater on and was going ~72mph. Mapping-wise, the travel distance was 35 miles. I had an estimated ~8 miles left on the estimator and my remaining travel distance was ~5 miles so I had to pull over to get charged. Didn't have ECO or B-mode enabled.
First newbie mistake. Don't bother stopping to charge, SLOW DOWN instead (and turn off the heat). With 8 mi estimated range you will easily make 5 mi, and probably could do 20 mi at 35 mph.
Reddy
2011 SL; 9 bar, 45.80 AHr; 45,000 mi; rcv'd Aug 18, 2011
Long: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... al#p226115"
Cold: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 60#p243033"

Mschop
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:17 pm
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2018

Re: 8 bar battery replacement metrics

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 am

Reddy wrote:
Mschop wrote:I had the heater on and was going ~72mph. Mapping-wise, the travel distance was 35 miles. I had an estimated ~8 miles left on the estimator and my remaining travel distance was ~5 miles so I had to pull over to get charged. Didn't have ECO or B-mode enabled.
First newbie mistake. Don't bother stopping to charge, SLOW DOWN instead (and turn off the heat). With 8 mi estimated range you will easily make 5 mi, and probably could do 20 mi at 35 mph.


Hah - good to know. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it quickly.

Great news is that Nissan approved the warranty replacement. There doesn't seem to be a backlog anymore and I should be getting a new battery next week!

Mr20024
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:10 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 403954

Re: 8 bar battery replacement metrics

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 pm

I dropped the 9th bar today on my '13 SL.

Leafspy:

AHR: 41.68
SOH: 63.73%
HX: 55.71%

Return to “LEAF CANBus”