2012 battery capacity, unusual range?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyA

I'm new to the forum. Thinking about purchasing a 2012 Leaf with 73Kmi. The dashboard range only shows 17 miles while both the capacity and state of charge show a full 12 bars. This is confusing as other cars I looked at show less then 12 bars capacity but more miles range when charged. Any thoughts about why the weird display? The seller said his mechanic friend hooked car to computer and the cells are balanced but caveated that the mechanic didn't know EV's.

The car is sort of cheap but maybe not if it needs a new battery,

Thanks in advance!
-Bill

BillyA said:
I'm new to the forum. Thinking about purchasing a 2012 Leaf with 73Kmi. The dashboard range only shows 17 miles while both the capacity and state of charge show a full 12 bars. This is confusing as other cars I looked at show less then 12 bars capacity but more miles range when charged. Any thoughts about why the weird display? The seller said his mechanic friend hooked car to computer and the cells are balanced but caveated that the mechanic didn't know EV's.

The car is sort of cheap but maybe not if it needs a new battery,

Thanks in advance!
-Bill
Have any dealership links for pictures or is this a private purchase from a friend/family/etc?

Back