2021+ dual VSP Speakers, sock mod

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use electrical tape to smooth out the sharp edge of the fiberglass when reaching in to avoid getting scratched up. I'm planning to make something soft with a hard backing and will clip/clamp it on with a flexible metal flat slide-on clamp, much like how a garage door opener slides onto a sun visor. I just have to figure out what to make the clip out of. That's my best idea compatible with that tiny opening. I already reached in there as a test and I have NO IDEA how some of you are wrapping it in duct tape ...seems impossible to move hands/arms in there to accomplish it!

Use electrical tape to smooth out the sharp edge of the fiberglass when reaching in to avoid getting scratched up. I'm planning to make something soft with a hard backing and will clip/clamp it on with a flexible metal flat slide-on clamp, much like how a garage door opener slides onto a sun visor. I just have to figure out what to make the clip out of. That's my best idea compatible with that tiny opening. I already reached in there as a test and I have NO IDEA how some of you are wrapping it in duct tape ...seems impossible to move hands/arms in there to accomplish it!
I was having to attach one piece of duct tape to the top of the also duct tape wrapped cardboard square and then carefully reaching in and placing the square on the speaker while sticking the duct tape on. Then I would tear another short section of tape off and carefully reach in and was able to just turn my hand enough at the wrist to get it attached on the second spot. There was quite a bit of trial and error and times where I screwed up the tape and stuck it to itself and had to redo it. All told it took me about a half hour or so to reasonably quiet down the two speakers. My hands are still recovering LOL.

Attachments

• 20240627_080148.jpg
    20240627_080148.jpg
    1.1 MB
Last edited:
Back