Aerovironment quote--excessive?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kavrad

I received my quote for a home charger from AV today. $3200 for a relatively simple install!--no new panel, but installing new tandem breakers in existing panel, short run to charger several feet away on same wall. I don't object to the permit and processing fee or the charging dock itself ($721), but other items from $50 shipping fee to $2071 installation fee seems quite excessive. Assuming $65 labor, we are talking 32 hrs for the install itself! (this one padded by a factor of 4). I guess they figure they need to compensate for your 50% tax deduction! Only a 3 yr. warranty also, so you can end up paying more in several years. I will definitely not use them, as I can buy a charger and have another licensed electrician put it in for a fraction of the cost. Talk about taking advantage of the early enthusiasts!

p.s. For comparison, we had a $3100 labor charge for installing an entire 3kW rooftop solar photovoltaic system several years ago, which involved design, permits, installation of 16 rooftop panels, inverter, additional circuitry and breakers, several people working several full days, utility co. coordination and permits, handling our state rebate, etc.

Welcome to the "AV gave me an outrageous quote club." Mine was nearly $11k! I will likely go with Leviton. Search other posts here to read up on our frustrations with AV.

Please see threads like this in EVSE-

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=668

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back