Chademo connector

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina1976

Good afternoon , I would like to know if the chademo onboard my 62kw 2020 leaf has direct access to its 400v DC battery. I would like to access this DC voltage from the battery to power an solar inverter to feed my home. Has anyone with technical knowledge or who has played in this area. I have seen chademo harnes on eBay and it does look like it's a straight connection to the battery from the pins. I assume the cp and pp would be used by a charger to tell it it's connected and to indicate it's state. Really look forward to hearing from someone.

Yes ... but it is so much more complicated than your question suggests.
You need to match voltage and current. The voltage matching is not too hard, the current matching is very tricky because PV power changes by the second.

I read the question as the OP wanted to use the car's battery as the power source and then run that through a solar inverter to generate AC power for the house. That is possible but as Sagebrush says, it is not trivial and if something goes wrong it can start your car on fire.

I think what you are looking for is called V2H (vehicle to home) or V2X (vehicle to ?). There are several threads about this topic here you can read or there is more information on the web at large, I'm sure.

You will also get your local utilities approval to use the V2H connections. The limited use of V2H in the US has been limited to commercial trials, and the interface hardware necessary on your home side is limited, very expensive, and needs approval from your utility.

I misunderstood the question

For V2H, Nissan sells equipment for Japan. IF you can get your hands on it, the next big step is to set up your home so that the utility is happy.

There was a video floating around not too long ago of an Australian who collects PV energy into his LEAF during the day and then discharges the stored energy into his home at night.

It is my understanding that when the car closes the CHADemo contactor, the battery is connected directly to the CHADemo socket. The car needs the right CAN messages and handshaking before it will close the contactor. I don't know what those messages are.

Back