Has anyone tried a front splitter in a Gen 2 for lower drag?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a 2020 SV.... I put the 2020 SV+ front spoiler on it. I really like the extra info......I hardly use LeafSpy...

Update: Today was the first day that I ran my normal route without E-Pedal on.....Interesting difference. I flipped from 4.8 to 4.7 on the last hill on the way home. Most of the drive was in the 45~55 mph range...So it's interesting that E-Pedal is a .1~.2 drop in efficiency. Several times during the drive I saw 5.1 to 5.3 where I would have seen 4.7 to 4.8 before at best.

I would really like the 62 pack!!!! The 40 is ok....but the extra range would be very nice. I'm on several salvage sites looking for a wrecked + that I can pick up & take apart for the pack...just a matter of time....will strip the wreck, take the pack & resell the extra parts on eBay.

It's interesting that yours displays slightly differently than mine..... I wonder if that is just the difference between the SV & SV+????

Could be... Nissan is funny about what features are included. I would have thought any 'V' (navigation) badge would have all the trip display goodies.

My pal's S+ does not include the garage remote in the center mirror, nor the center screen EV info with energy usage gauges. Confusing.

Keep in mind that these pages in the i info tab can be turned on and off. It's in the settings tab and I don't recall the sub-item.
Yes---I've played with that....very nice. All-in-all, I'm really satisfied with the car & all that it can do......I did just think that I did the Recall update on the VDC? system not too many weeks ago & the update changed several things on the display...perhaps the labeling for the Drive Computer was one that I didn't really notice.

Could be... Nissan is funny about what features are included. I would have thought any 'V' (navigation) badge would have all the trip display goodies.

My pal's S+ does not include the garage remote in the center mirror, nor the center screen EV info with energy usage gauges. Confusing.
We have a 2019 S+ and a 2019 SV+. The garage opener missing is a pain, but otherwise the S+ is the value buy. The AC also is stronger in the S+ for some reason.

Thank you for that. I checked it, and the only thing that it shows is the rear view camera problem (and mine has shown no problems as of yet) and it states that Nissan is still working on a solution. Nothing about an info up-grade.
Interesting...I had a VDC system update (was supposed to be for a rapid change between Cruise Control shut off & sudden throttle response)...the update really reset several things on the car....the guess-o-meter went to 168 range with full charge for a couple of days & the labeling changed on several screens in the panel.

Thanks for inspiration. I made it today and will test it. Although I don't think it will show much in the mountains.
Well...it was a very mild change that netted me easily more in return than I invested in time & materials....yes, 7~9 miles more does not sound like much (guess-o-meter is regularly reading 155 instead of 147 at full charge)-----but over the course of a year that really adds up......I'm attributing the increase to less turbulence around the front tires at speed, so every time you go downhill you could see an advantage....The parts for the front air spoilers are very cheap.....I spent a couple of hours designing the version I'm now using plus a very minor cost for the rubber, pop rivets & aluminum......if I were to put a dollar figure---I would guess about 75 US each including my time........

I'm now thinking about the same mod in front of the rear tires....I know that the air is rather disturbed at that point, but it would be interesting to see if it would make a difference.....

And Thank You for your post....I put this together looking for simple, low-cost changes that improve the car & I'm glad someone else benefited from what I've tried.

Last edited:
Back