How to put in neutral a Leaf 2017

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeguE

Hi.
I want to open HV battery to switch 2 modules.
I have a whole in a garage where I want to loosen the screws and unplug HV battery but I don't have space to remove battery. I can remove battery only outside.

I can put in Neutral after I unplug HV battery and then I replug 12v back again ?

i would guess that this will work for you to roll the car, but there will be lots of DTCs and the VCM may think the car was in a wreck.

i had a wrecked car and could only select Park and Neutral, and could roll the car.

Hi.
I want to open HV battery to switch 2 modules.
I have a whole in a garage where I want to loosen the screws and unplug HV battery but I don't have space to remove battery. I can remove battery only outside.

I can put in Neutral after I unplug HV battery and then I replug 12v back again ?
Rent a space with an automotive lift. Before automotive lifts people used to have a pit or a lower floor with an open hole. Some things can be done with jacks and crawlers, and some things can’t.

I would imagine that you could place it in neutral before you start to do anything, then unplug the parking pawl motor on the top of the gear reduction unit.
Anything you do will result in DTC that will need to be cleared when all is finished.
I haven't tried this myself, just thinking out loud.

I would imagine that you could place it in neutral before you start to do anything, then unplug the parking pawl motor on the top of the gear reduction unit.
Anything you do will result in DTC that will need to be cleared when all is finished.
TLDNR: this is adding to rather than disagreeing with the reply

@Chad E. MO’s thing may also still be worth doing. Cheaper than mine. Worth a look even if you can put it in neutral. If you’re putting it out on a driveway getting it into park again may not be possible so either way you’ll have to chalk it. Those can be chalked with pencils. I guess it depends on if you wind up wanting to turn the thing sideways and what you’ve got to chock wheels with….. ooh and how the emergency brake works. If it’s fully manual you can just engage it and not need to chok. I don’t know if it is though. I remember it being weird somehow. Or maybe it just winds up doing something annoying because the car isn’t ICE. I don’t remember.

Last edited:
I can clear them with LeafSpy. That's not a issue.
I try to not open what is not necessary and can damage parking pawl.

It was eazy. Disconnected 12V ,
Disconnected the main battery ( from car and under the car )
Reconnect 12V
Start Car, put in Neutral
Push Leaf where I neded.
Closed car ;)

View attachment 4644

Someone know how many NM need to use at them ?
How to clean connectors?
One standard for connector cleaning is fine toothed sand paper. I assume soldering flux and a little heat would do it as well. Provided nothing gets melted of course. I have cleaned contacts for slot cars with an old school pink pearl eraser, which is what standard wood pencils come with.

Back