How to release locked charge connector

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMW

On a recent charge the charger stopped after a few minutes. I was unable to remove the charge connector from the car. Even the provider was unable to do so. Eventaully another motorist nearby helped me but I don't know exactly what did the trick.
Is there a technique for releasing the connector please?

The manual refers to a Charge Port Unlock Screw but can't see any sign of one in the place indicated in the picture.

The J1772 has the release on the car, the lock for the ChaDeMo is in the handle itself.

Sounds like a handle issue...I have found you have to push in sometimes before pulling it out to get the ChaDeMo to release and disconnect the lock.

Also, if the equipment stopped charging after a few minutes, did you also stop the charge on the screen so the connector would disconnect?

The provider's technical person believed it should be possible to release the connector from the car. They seemed unable to do it remotely.
I tried many times ushing the connector in before pressing the trigger but it didn't work.
The charger displayed an error message saying charging had stopped. There was no option to change anything at all, and the provider were also unable to for 20 minutes or more.
I'm really not sure if they eventually managed to do it, or whether it was something we tried - I was just relieved to be free at last. I was hopeing to find a solution if it should ever happen again.

Back