Nissan Leaf exhbit at the Amgen Tour of California bike race

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaimev

Here's a video I took of the Leaf at the exhibit area of the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race when they were at the downtown Los Angeles. We were told by a Nissan rep that it was the only production car that's currently in the US. It was completely roped off and no amount of persuasion got them to even open the door or hatchback for a clear shot of the interior, but I did take some shots of the undertray of the car.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdyyka0IUso[/youtube]

jaimev said:
Here's a video I took of the Leaf at the exhibit area of the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race when they were at the downtown Los Angeles. We were told by a Nissan rep that it was the only production car that's currently in the US.

So, they are saying this is different from the Leaf that toured earlier ... did you see any difference between this & the one that toured (assuming you had seen the earlier one).

evnow said:
jaimev said:
Here's a video I took of the Leaf at the exhibit area of the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race when they were at the downtown Los Angeles. We were told by a Nissan rep that it was the only production car that's currently in the US.

So, they are saying this is different from the Leaf that toured earlier ... did you see any difference between this & the one that toured (assuming you had seen the earlier one).

It's the first time my wife and I had seen a Leaf in person. FWIW, the Nissan rep we talked to said they were only 2 production cars (not just a test mule) in the world, and this was one of them.

In the rear underside I thought I saw a small hatch (on the driver side), probably for accessing a tie-down point. In the front underside video, there are two small "front" hatches that are easier to see.

The attached tie-down cables can be seen easily in the LEAF "unloading" picture.

jaimev said:
FWIW, the Nissan rep we talked to said they were only 2 production cars (not just a test mule) in the world, and this was one of them.

With 6 months to go I think it gets fuzzy - they have various nomeclatures for the car (pre-production etc etc). They would be tweeking & testing the cars - unless they are completely done with all that and are already making production cars. In that case they would have more than 2 !

Even when they make it by hand - they make quite a few of them (for eg. there are some 100 Volts made that way).

jaimev said:
It's the first time my wife and I had seen a Leaf in person. FWIW, the Nissan rep we talked to said they were only 2 production cars (not just a test mule) in the world, and this was one of them.
That's the same line they gave when touring late last year / early this year. It's probably the same car.

Back