Outside temp display on dash stuck at -23ºF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgtyoder

['23 Leaf SV Plus]

Early in the morning on my way to the airport 4 days ago, I noticed that the outside temperature reading on the dash was wildly off - I think the temps were in the (+)20s that morning? I thought, Ok, something's stuck and I'm sure it will be fixed by the time I come home. Well, when I got in the car today after my return flights, the display was still stuck at -23ºF. Temps got up into the mid 40s today and no change in the dashboard display. This is the first time I've had any issue with the external thermometer system. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a temp sensor I can easily check? Any other suggestions?

An update - ended up taking it to the dealer to "get repaired under warranty." Silly thought, I know. They did produce pictures that showed that apparently a rock had made its way up under the car, dinged the radiator, and also happened to slam into the sensor, killing it. So—not covered under warranty. Grrr. I would have delayed replacing but it is tied to the climate control - the AC would not start (why would it? It's -23º outside!) and if the heat was on, it was always blasting. So I left with a new temp sensor and my wallet $333 lighter. On to the next adventure...

Back