P1273 software update ruined my car. Your opinion?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has my car been ruined?

• No, the apparent loss you see now is coincidental and normal

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No, your Gidometer was reading incorrectly high before

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes, your Gidometer is reading low now because the updated software is limiting charge

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yes, your Gidometer is reading low now because the new battery control unit is limiting charge

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Yes, the new battery control unit has damaged the pack

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, leaving your battery pack sitting fully charged for 4 days has damaged the pack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
mwalsh said:
Adding insult to injury...I got an email for my dealer this morning, advising me that I still needed to get this campaign done. REALLY?

well now that I have more info from LEAF Spy; I have changed my vote to "GID count was incorrectly high before" or similiar

DaveinOlyWA said:
mwalsh said:
Adding insult to injury...I got an email for my dealer this morning, advising me that I still needed to get this campaign done. REALLY?

well now that I have more info from LEAF Spy; I have changed my vote to "GID count was incorrectly high before" or similiar

I'd agree with that. BUT, even if that's so, the car would still work to those bad numbers and go further.

mwalsh said:

Am at the dealer getting P3227. P1273 is still showing as an open campaign on my car!

I'm going to have both done, but am concerned about the latter for two reasons - 1) the possible consequence of (supposedly) hitting the car with the same update twice 2) the bricked control module during the the first go round.

Back