receipt for degradation warranty?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebeighe

I just got my newly 8-bar 2017 leaf back from dealer.
When I got the car back, the service advisor told me that it's "all done" and Nissan has accepted (approved?) the replacement, and a replacement pack has been ordered.

I would have expected some sort of paperwork showing that. She said there is none (for me, i mean).

is that normal?

I was curious to see what part # was ordered. ??

I doubt paperwork will be your problem; did you ask (did they tell) how long you may have to wait for the replacement pack?
I suspect checking on that availability will become your new mission for the next many months. :(

There is no receipt because the dealership has only confirmed that your car qualifies for a warranty replacement. Whether you actually get one or not is still undecided. This is something that does not happen at the dealer level. You will likely be offered a buyout.

Stanton said:
...did you ask (did they tell) how long you may have to wait for the replacement pack?
No, but we (both myself and the service advisor) both know it will either be indefinite or never

DaveinOlyWA said:
There is no receipt because the dealership has only confirmed that your car qualifies for a warranty replacement. Whether you actually get one or not is still undecided. This is something that does not happen at the dealer level. You will likely be offered a buyout.
I posted my frustration with getting the process started in another thread:
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=634361#p634361
they initially told me i should expect it to take TWO WEEKS, maybe longer, to "diagnose" the car, and get the ok from Nissan, during which time they would have to KEEP THE CAR. I put up a mild fuss, and also submitted a nissan consumer complaint ticket.
Viola, a day and half later (total elapsed time being without car = 3 days) they called me and said it was all done. Three days seems too long but WAY shorter than 2 weeks, which seems absurd.

A worst-case-scenario line of thinking -- what if the dealer never even submitted it to Nissan? How would i know? (maybe it was all a dream)

ebeighe said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
I posted my frustration with getting the process started in another thread:
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=634361#p634361
they initially told me i should expect it to take TWO WEEKS, maybe longer, to "diagnose" the car, and get the ok from Nissan, during which time they would have to KEEP THE CAR. I put up a mild fuss, and also submitted a nissan consumer complaint ticket.
Viola, a day and half later they called me and said it was all done.

A worst-case-scenario line of thinking -- what if the dealer never even submitted it to Nissan? How would i know? (maybe it was all a dream)

I have seen SEVERAL online who stated the same as you only to be offered the buyout several months later. At this point; anything is possible. I have also seen someone get a pack within the past month. He is the only one but sure there are others out there....somewhere.

DaveinOlyWA said:
I have seen SEVERAL online who stated the same as you only to be offered the buyout several months later. At this point; anything is possible. I have also seen someone get a pack within the past month. He is the only one but sure there are others out there....somewhere.

The service advisor also claimed she had seen "some" (two, maybe several) recycled packs. But that still seems like an urban legend.

Back