Viscous liquid on passenger side floormat

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValleyBoy

I have a 2015 LEAF with about 24K miles on it. I purchased it used in 2019 and about a year after I got it, found 25-30 milliliters of an extremely viscous clear fluid dripped on the front passenger floormat, somewhat to the left of the glovebox center. When it was in for service, I asked the dealer to investigate. Their attitude was that it came from somewhere other than the vehicle, but I knew that was simply not possible. Once they looked, they admitted that it had dripped from somewhere up under the dash, but they had no idea what it was. Apparently, you are going to spend 4 digits dismantling your dash to find out.
Has anyone had similar?

I have a 2015 LEAF with about 24K miles on it. I purchased it used in 2019 and about a year after I got it, found 25-30 milliliters of an extremely viscous clear fluid dripped on the front passenger floormat, somewhat to the left of the glovebox center. When it was in for service, I asked the dealer to investigate. Their attitude was that it came from somewhere other than the vehicle, but I knew that was simply not possible. Once they looked, they admitted that it had dripped from somewhere up under the dash, but they had no idea what it was. Apparently, you are going to spend 4 digits dismantling your dash to find out.
Has anyone had similar?
I have te same thing happening in my 2014 Leaf. It’s just water and I’ve been trying to find out where it’s coming from as well. Really hard to see what’s going on under the dash at the centre hump. But I suspect it is a clogged AC condensation drainage line that just spills over into the passenger floor area instead of draining out the bottom of the car. Perhaps the line might be visible from underneath when it’s up on a hoist. If you find out how to access that, please let me know:)))

I have te same thing happening in my 2014 Leaf. It’s just water and I’ve been trying to find out where it’s coming from as well. Really hard to see what’s going on under the dash at the centre hump. But I suspect it is a clogged AC condensation drainage line that just spills over into the passenger floor area instead of draining out the bottom of the car. Perhaps the line might be visible from underneath when it’s up on a hoist. If you find out how to access that, please let me know:)))
How could condensation water be viscous?

What NoMoreCO2 says makes sense. Water condensate is a by-product of the cooling/heating of the heat pump. Exact same with regular air cond. on ICE cars. When working and serviced correctly, (the AC is generally used in the warmer months) you can observe a pool of wastewater trickling from a small pipe, to pool on the ground, beneath your car. If that pipe is blocked with dirt/moss, etc, it can block/impede the flow of water to ground and overflow from the evaporator tray (under dash) onto the floor in the cabin.

I am guessing that microbial life in your hoses is the culprit. Microbes can grow in moist environments and change the water into viscous liquids. The heat pump/air handling hoses may need to be rinsed and blown out with compressed air.

It would be a good idea to check/change the cabin air filter as well.
If plugged it may be causing more condensation that normal on the cooling coil

Back