Winter Wheels - TPMS Cloning

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HRTKD said:
I don't have the sensors in the tires yet so they're reporting at 0 PSI.

I think I heard of someone who took the old valve stems (with sensors), and put them into a piece of PVC pipe; tapped the pipe and added a schrader valve, and then pumped-up the pipe to 38psi, and left the pipe sitting in the trunk :) .

specialgreen said:
I think I heard of someone who took the old valve stems (with sensors), and put them into a piece of PVC pipe; tapped the pipe and added a schrader valve, and then pumped-up the pipe to 38psi, and left the pipe sitting in the trunk :) .

I've heard of guys on the Titan forum doing that.

My new sensors are now in the wheels and working. The sensors are reporting 4 PSI lower on the dashboard than two of my digital gauges. I looked around to see if there was a way to adjust the sensor up to 36 PSI, but came up empty. I _could_ add 4 PSI but that's a bit much. I never can tell who to believe. The TPMS in my F-350 agrees 100% with my digital gauges. The OEM Nissan Leaf sensors also agreed with my digital gauges. So I'm going to assume the Autel sensors are under-reporting the pressure.

Back