TRONZ
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 202

Re: Nissan BladeGlider - Performance EV Concept

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:05 pm

From Motor Trend;

"Because Nissan bosses say that this concept hints at an upcoming production version. This is a big claim, and a lot would have to transpire for the car to clear safety and crash regulations in order to show up on Main Street. But Nissan is serious. If the company's bean counters have their way, we could see the concept on the road within three years."

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/future/concep ... z2k5simsvG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The video is COOL!

OK, if Nissan is REALLY serious about this car then I'm in. The aesthetics can get cleaned up with all the R&D that is certain to be coming. I actually do not need to be sold on the efficiency benefits of the DeltaWing since I have followed it from the beginning. Come to think of it a three across bench seat in the back would work pretty well for my family of four. Some target specs would be helpful Nissan!
Every start, is as good as any start can ever be. - Douglas Darden

Stats;
2011 LEAF SL VIN#202, Delivered 01.30.11. Now, by far, the oldest LEAF in Colorado.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 pm

I wish manufacturers would find some other way to project "futuristic", besides blue-ish luminescent exterior accents. You never see these on production cars nor are you ever likely. At least in the US, blue lights are reserved for police and emergency vehicles.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:11 pm

TRONZ wrote:From Motor Trend;

... we could see the concept on the road within three years."

...OK, if Nissan is REALLY serious about this car then I'm in... Some target specs would be helpful Nissan!
My own suggested 2017 MY intro target specs would be:

~2,000 Lbs. If Nissan can keep it light (while still meeting fed crash test standards) the handling and acceleration will not disappoint.

~6 m/kWh @ 60 mph, with ~25 kWh available, providing ~150 mile highway range.

~$40,000 base price.
no condition is permanent

jhm614
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000493

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Wow! Now this is nice -- me likee this design. If they build it and I can afford it, I'm in.
2011 Brilliant Silver SL - 110,000 gasoline free miles so far.
4BL: 06/29/13 @ 27 months, 43,520 miles, 42.56 Ahr. New 12 bar battery: 09/09/13
4BLx2:12/31/16 @ 69 months, 99,475 miles, 42.99 Ahr.

KillaWhat
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2012

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:42 pm

I don't know why they would want to add another layer of controversy .

You already have to convince people that an EV is a valid choice, now you want to convince them that a space ship is the way to go?

Tesla made a 2 seat rocket ship for years, and even sold a few.

Then they made a beautiful sedan, comfy seating, a shape you could be proud to show your friends, with enough range to make it a solid choice, and look what happened.

The Leaf looks weird.
I think it's OK; but the Nismo version is beautiful.

We don't need a spacecraft.
We need a 9Kw charger, and 150+ mile range
Black SL Delivered 3/14/2012
7.2Kw Charging w/Brusa
Leather Interior
Rosewood Dash
JUKE 17" Wheel Upgrade w/225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires
Horn Upgrade
Infinity 63.9i Speaker Upgrade
WattsLeft Meter System
LED High Beams
Carkit NAV Override

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Now I know what a Corvette Stingray, circa...1965? would look like with a Volvo P1800ES tail!
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:06 am

KillaWhat wrote:We don't need a spacecraft.
We need a 9Kw charger, and 150+ mile range
You don't need a quadraphonic Blaupunkt.
You need a curveball! :)
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

TRONZ
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 202

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 am

I will admit, it is taking almost a full two days for the shock to wear off, but its getting clear that this is an incredibly ballsy (or really stupid) move by Nissan. Sometimes a very fine line separates madness and genius! But check my signature. If they REALLY are going to do this then what the heck! All beginnings are like this so game on! But with everyone's jaw on the floor, it has been easy to not hear that unlike EsFlow, Bladeglider is coming with a production announcement by Nissan. That's pretty huge for EV's, but those of us paying attention immediately think of the MIA LE. So while part of me is very excited about the performance potential of a DeltaWing road car, another is sad (betrayed) that the EsFlow may be getting a gas tank during Tokyo, AND most afraid that Nissan may be just kicking the EV can down the road 2-3 years at a time. EsFlow = No production. BladeGlider (AKA-the craziest thing ever) = Production. Is Nissan Serious???

IF they are serious then Nissan is announcing that they have no intention of parody with the competition. They have plans to outflank and knock down EV rivals through proprietary chasis knowledge and unique EV solutions. Race to where the puck will be! BladeGlider could be a sign that Nissan is far more serious about EV's than even the most eager fanboy ever thought. So, instead of giving us a conventional electric sports car, Nissan is saying "if you wait just a few more years, we can get you something VERY special!".

Or

It's all fairy dust!

From Nissans perspective, they are playing multiple games of Chess with lots of R&D, across lots of models in multiple segments. By comparison, those of us singularly obsessed with the consumer side of pure EV's are just playing Pong. The success or failure of ZEOD will be the real indicator to watch.
Every start, is as good as any start can ever be. - Douglas Darden

Stats;
2011 LEAF SL VIN#202, Delivered 01.30.11. Now, by far, the oldest LEAF in Colorado.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 pm

IF they are serious then Nissan is announcing that they have no intention of parody with the competition.
This may be correct as written, but I'm pretty sure you meant "parity". If the car comes with the newest battery and a whole raft of other things that got fixed post Leaf, I might be interested in leasing one...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GotMyleaf
Delivery Date: 31 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 8110

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:21 pm

13.7 km/kwh is 8.5 miles/kwh which is about double what I get in my LEAF. I'm sure that the dash on that BladeGlider is correct (I zoomed in on one of the photos) but what was the average speed? The tease on efficiency along with there being enough seats for my entire family, a target price below the 'Z-car' (http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor ... v-unveiled" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and the dramatic and ingenious design - where do I pre-order? I want an Esflow, but will definitely take the BladeGlider.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”