Nissan Ellure EV?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffee_Slurry

"the world premiere of the Nissan Ellure will take place on the 17th of November, which is a plug-in electric sedan. "

http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/10/23/nissan-to-debut-plug-in-concept-sedan/

Oooooh, I'm interested.

Yes - but I think it's silly to introduce another EV before people have bought their LEAFs - at least from a business perspective.

People might cancel their LEAF order and just wait for the newer model.

I forgot what product it was... but there was a famous business blunder where a company introduced their newer product before the current product went for sale. The newer product was so much better than the current product that everyone cancelled the current product orders.

And since the sales of the current product was paying for the newer product - the business soon went belly up.

So this car must be markedly different - and I hope for Nissan's sake that it is the Infinity EV so people won't cancel their LEAF order (as one commenter on that article already says that he would)

I think the above story was for a computer - but I can't remember right now.

cdub said:
That is why you need to differentiate. For eg. if the new car is either a 2 seater or costs $10K more - you are not going to cannibalize Leaf sale.

Eventually you need a model in each segment - if you don't your competitors will.

evnow said:
cdub said:
That is why you need to differentiate. For eg. if the new car is either a 2 seater or costs $10K more - you are not going to cannibalize Leaf sale.

Eventually you need a model in each segment - if you don't your competitors will.

True, but If I liked it I would jump ship because I'm not really a four-door conservative car buyer.

EVDRIVER said:
True, but If I liked it I would jump ship because I'm not really a four-door conservative car buyer.
Yes - for many Leaf is not the ideal vehicle. But we are all getting it because its the first - that is why I'll lease. I expect any new vehicle to take 2 to 3 years to be on sale.

ps : Ellure may be a concept vehicle with no clear production timelines.

That's a very valid observation: I'm buying the Leaf because it is first.
I want to support the concept, in spite of the car.

Three years for now, I hope to have better choices. Hopefully some with less "Japanese"-looking designs. :)

I've been approved for a press credential for the LA Show, so stay tuned for full details. I was originally only going to go on the Thursday, since that's the day they were going to reveal the North American Car of the Year and I'm already off work on Thursdays, but I may try to go both days now.

The LA Auto Show should be very good this year. We go every year on our way up to Bakersfield for Thanksgiving weekend. Looking forward to all the EV concepts and am strangely interested in what (plug in???) Subaru will be unveiling.

I agree the LA Auto Show should be fantastic this year. While you're there, check out the State Farm Garage from November 19th – 28th to play a brand-new driving challenge game, Home Run trivia, measure your wing span against LeBron James’ and more. Don’t leave without entering the State Farm Garage Makeover Sweepstakes; you could win the grand prize of a brand new garage with a value of $35,000 from GarageMahals. For more details on the LA Auto Show, go to http://bit.ly/LAautoshow.

TomFS10 said:
I agree the LA Auto Show should be fantastic this year. While you're there, check out the State Farm Garage from November 19th – 28th to play a brand-new driving challenge game, Home Run trivia, measure your wing span against LeBron James’ and more. Don’t leave without entering the State Farm Garage Makeover Sweepstakes; you could win the grand prize of a brand new garage with a value of $35,000 from GarageMahals. For more details on the LA Auto Show, go to http://bit.ly/LAautoshow.

Of course you don't work for them right:)

TomFS10 said:
EVDRIVER said:
Of course you don't work for them right:)
As a matter of fact I do! We will be set up at the LA Auto Show every day, so come by and say hi!

Actually it would be great if you could jump in on the Insurance quote thread. I have State Farm and was trying to get a quote last month. So far SF has never heard of the LEAF. Any help on this would be appreciated. Sorry for being Off Topic. Looking forward to seeing the Ellure!

Nissan press conference is @ 11:25am, so stay tuned both here and on nissan-leaf.net. I'm hoping the Convention Center has (free) wi-fi, at least for the press days, otherwise it's off to the Starbucks at LA Live as soon as it's over!

Back