palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:29 am

EVDRIVER wrote: You can always go buy another LEAF or upgrade your pack for about $8K. Again, this thread is for those that will never buy a Tesla and must find every opportunity to link to troll sites and show how Tesla is terrible and for those that have sold their degrading LEAFs and bought one. The latter group seems very pleased. Oh, and those that do not own an EV but spend endless hours cross-linking articles on EV sites.

Did I mention this thread is the majority of traffic on MNL or should I say MTESLA now?
Nice summary. I'm in the happy to turn in my leaf to get a better car than i ordered camp.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2018 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996

Leaf Bar Loss

Oils4AsphaultOnly
Delivery Date: 20 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 313890

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:51 am

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
cwerdna wrote:Thanks to a post elsewhere:
"Pricing changed again, AP (single lane) now standard.... SR is a software limited SR+." SR and LR RWD available by calling or via stores.
https://www.tesla.com/blog/update-our-vehicle-lineup

And leasing of 3 will be available with NO purchase option at end of lease.
Sounds like a robust CPO market is coming! :)
Not according to Tesla. The lease has no buyout option, and the cars are intended for the Tesla Network afterwards. So no CPO sales planned.
:: Model 3 LR :: acquired 9 May '18
:: Leaf S30 :: build date: Sep '16 :: purchased: Nov '16
100% Zero transportation emissions (except when I walk) and loving it!

Valdemar
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2011

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 am

EVDRIVER wrote:
Valdemar wrote:
SalisburySam wrote: Sickening? Really? To me, what is sickening is not the original SR but the original LEAF advertised and sold as a 100-mile vehicle that never was even close. Even more “sickening” is the fact that 7 years later the crap battery is only capable of 35 miles. That’s sickening in a vehicle that in 2012 cost 10% more than today’s SR and more even than the SR+.
That too. The whole EV scene is sickening frankly, but Tesla is in a special league.
Yes the best selling league.
They have to be, they have nothing else to sell.
'11 SL, totaled
-1CB@33k/21mo, -2CB@53k/33mo, -3CB@68k/41mo, -4CB(41.5AHr)@79k/49mo, -5CB(38.85AHr)@87.5k/54mo
-0CB(66.14AHr)@87.5k/54mo (BBB), -1CB(53.92Ahr)@140k/29mo,
51.1AHr, SOH 80%, 150k miles

9kW Solar

lorenfb
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:19 am

EVDRIVER wrote:
lorenfb wrote: Great way to run a company; Elon "asleep at the wheel"!
You can always go buy another LEAF
And I did (lease), as indicated in the signature. A much better all around vehicle than the M3 for me.
A 150+ mile range is more than adequate for my present and future needs. And why compromise the
historic reliability the Nissan Leaf has provided for a vehicle known for marginal reliability. Even with
the approximate range loss of about 20% after 5.5 yrs, the Leaf provided a significant savings in
fuel and maintenance costs, besides never having to schedule a vehicle repair.

M3 negatives:

1. Chevy Malibu sedan look (ugly front)
2. Tablet interface
3. Glass roof
4. Paint add-on costs (other than black)
5. Very limited service locations with questionable service promptness
6. Long term questionable corporate viability
7. Ikea blonde teak looking dash, needs some walnut stain
8. No hatchback

Now there's no need to drive any of my ICEVs for any customer visits in the SoCal area, i.e. no more '13 Leaf QCs.
#1 Leaf SL MY 9/13: 74K miles, 48 Ahrs, 5.2 miles/kWh (average), Hx=70, SOH=78, L2 - 100% > 1000, temp < 95F, (DOD) > 20 Ahrs
#2 Leaf SL MY 12/18: 4.5K miles, 115 Ahrs, 5.5 miles/kWh (average), Hx=98, SOH=99, DOD > 20%, temp < 105F

EVDRIVER

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:30 am

lorenfb wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:
lorenfb wrote: Great way to run a company; Elon "asleep at the wheel"!
You can always go buy another LEAF
And I did (lease), as indicated in the signature. A much better all around vehicle than the M3 for me.
A 150+ mile range is more than adequate for my present and future needs. And why compromise the
historic reliability the Nissan Leaf has provided for a vehicle known for marginal reliability. Even with
the approximate range loss of about 20% after 5.5 yrs, the Leaf provided a significant savings in
fuel and maintenance costs, besides never having to schedule a vehicle repair.

M3 negatives:

1. Chevy Malibu sedan look (ugly front)
2. Tablet interface
3. Glass roof
4. Paint add-on costs (other than black)
5. Very limited service locations with questionable service promptness
6. Long term questionable corporate viability
7. Ikea blonde teak looking dash, needs some walnut stain
8. No hatchback

Now there's no need to drive any of my ICEVs for any customer visits in the SoCal area, i.e. no more '13 Leaf QCs.

Your concerns are in the minority and since you don't take long trips your utility of a long-range EV is moot. I assume you don't drive any distance.

EVDRIVER

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:31 am

Valdemar wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:
Valdemar wrote:
That too. The whole EV scene is sickening frankly, but Tesla is in a special league.
Yes the best selling league.
They have to be, they have nothing else to sell.
Great logic. :roll:

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 am

EVDRIVER wrote:Did I mention this thread is the majority of traffic on MNL or should I say MTESLA now?
Yes, I've noticed that a majority of traffic is Tesla fanboys telling LEAF drivers and potential drivers just how great Tesla is (don't mind Musk's tweets) and how horrible Nissan is, and how horrible the LEAF is.

My LEAF is just about to pass 50k miles, is past 5 years, has all 12 capacity bars, and has given me basically no trouble...
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

EVDRIVER

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:03 am

WetEV wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:Did I mention this thread is the majority of traffic on MNL or should I say MTESLA now?
Yes, I've noticed that a majority of traffic is Tesla fanboys telling LEAF drivers and potential drivers just how great Tesla is (don't mind Musk's tweets) and how horrible Nissan is, and how horrible the LEAF is.

My LEAF is just about to pass 50k miles, is past 5 years, has all 12 capacity bars, and has given me basically no trouble...
At least Tesla has fanboys, I think Nissan has 20? If it's all Tesla fanboys then who are they conversing with? Look at the view count on the two Tesla threads. Regardless they are ex LEAF owners and now Tesla owners or they own both. Go to TMC if you want to see thousands of Tesla fans. Nissan is pretty horrible as a company since they have repeatedly and intentionally lied to LEAF owners and don't stand behind their product and it seems they have some management issues as well. Yes many people do like to talk about how great a Tesla is because they really like their cars for many reasons. I liked my LEAF but I would never buy another Nissan product ever again nor any EV without the safety, utility, performance, features, range, charging network, pack life and fun that the M3 has.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 am

EVDRIVER wrote:What drops out of the sky in your area? Other than my windshield nothing ever hits the roof or back window of my cars. Sure must be something large to damage glass. Most reputable insurance companies cover glass with no rate increase but I doubt the roof of a car is a concern. How many silly excuses can you come up with as to why you won’t buy one? If the roof was metal would it be that you don’t want to pay for AP hardware because you won’t use it? You and Loren should come up with a 100 reasons I won’t buy a Tesla spreadsheet. Non-buyers would find it useful.
Tell the bolded part to the guy at my work (I don't know him, but he mentioned it in Slack) who had both the cracked roof and some clear damage due to debris, so Tesla wouldn't cover it.

This guy looks like he had debris damage: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... ck.121199/. The guy at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... of.139656/ claims "Tesla service said they are replacing rock-chipped glass roof panels every week on Model 3's."

As for insurance, no, I'm not necessarily saying they'll raise insurance for you/a single customer specifically. But, if it becomes a problem, that company or most or all of them will in general have higher rates on the 3 due to amount and frequency of claims.

FWIW, I probably wouldn't have gotten a 3 with "autopilot" enabled. Not worth thousands of dollars to me for a buggy system that might result in me sustaining thousands of dollars of damage.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:19 am

Oils4AsphaultOnly wrote:
DaveinOlyWA wrote:
cwerdna wrote:Thanks to a post elsewhere:
"Pricing changed again, AP (single lane) now standard.... SR is a software limited SR+." SR and LR RWD available by calling or via stores.
https://www.tesla.com/blog/update-our-vehicle-lineup

And leasing of 3 will be available with NO purchase option at end of lease.
Sounds like a robust CPO market is coming! :)
Not according to Tesla. The lease has no buyout option, and the cars are intended for the Tesla Network afterwards. So no CPO sales planned.
The no purchase option at the lease end is unusual. But, for the using for their rideshare network... considering how much Tesla keeps changing their mind, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not totally true by lease end. We'll see.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”