I see you are still living under the illusion that Tesla has no technology differentiation in the EV market other than their Superchargers
. That's still utter nonsense.
VW's claim merely proves that they are currently way behind and they know who the technology leader is in this area. They have virtually no chance to surpass Tesla in EV technology anytime in the near future.
In fact, Tesla now has important differentiation in the following key areas of EV technology:
- Battery cost
- Battery energy density
- Battery power
- Synchronous motors (permanent-magnet switched-reluctance machine)
- Power electronics: drivetrain
- Power electronics: charger
- Power electronics: chassis power control & protection
- Electronics: system architecture
- Telemetry, remote diagnosis, remote update, etc.
- Supercharger network
That covers virtually everything that makes an EV an EV.
VW has what, exactly?