iPlug
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 25 Apr 2016
Location: Rocklin, CA

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:27 pm

WetEV wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:07 pm
iPlug wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:48 pm
I think those not seeing the bigger picture may be missing that Tesla Energy would be a front runner for producing that rocket fuel, from renewable energy of course.
Renewable energy will be replacing fossil energy over decades. Any diverted to make rocket fuel here, or worse on Mars, will slow this process. First launch to Mars Musk has announced will be in 2022. That takes a huge blunt to believe.
The replacement has already started in earnest, hence BEV forums such as this.

There would be no diversion, but displacement. Solar PV continues to grow rapidly and there will be many times a year, in just the next few years, where solar PV generation would be curtailed if no where to park (battery) or use those electrons (electrolysis/H2 tech now and synthetic fuels down the road).
'19 Model 3 SR+, '19 Leaf SV, '12 Plug-in Prius (sold 3/19), '16 Leaf SV (prior lease), 11.43kW Solar PV (16MWh/yr prod.), 20.5 SEER/13.0 HSPF ducted air-source HP, 3.70 UEF HPWH, Induction Cooktop, Variable Speed Pool Pump, Battery powered yard tools

GaleHawkins
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2019
Leaf Number: 311365
Location: Murray KY

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Here are a couple articles that may help TSLA corporate outlook.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-envir ... 51366123
Petrol and diesel car sales ban brought forward to 2035

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40726868
How will the petrol and diesel car ban work?

GRA
Posts: 12259
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:11 pm

IEVS:
Panasonic Q4 2019 Report: Production At Gigafactory Turns Profitable
https://insideevs.com/news/396595/panas ... 19-report/


This is being attributed as a major part of the reason for Monday's stock price hike.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

smkettner
Posts: 7501
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 pm

EatsShootsandLeafs wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:49 am
I find it really unbelievable some of you think he is not just an abject liar. Robotaxi fleet 1M cars in 2020, teslas that supposedly appreciate multiple times over their life. These are not moon shots. They are just lies. And are roundly mocked when stated, so it's not like anybody (including musk) believes them when he says them.
OK and I find it odd that anyone would really take these statements as facts rather than just a figure of speech.
1 bar lost at 21,451 miles, 16 months.
2 bar lost at 35,339 miles, 25 months.
LEAF traded at 45,400 miles for a RAV4-EV
RAV4 traded in for I-Pace Dec 2018

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 15476
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:22 pm

smkettner wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 pm
EatsShootsandLeafs wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:49 am
I find it really unbelievable some of you think he is not just an abject liar. Robotaxi fleet 1M cars in 2020, teslas that supposedly appreciate multiple times over their life. These are not moon shots. They are just lies. And are roundly mocked when stated, so it's not like anybody (including musk) believes them when he says them.
OK and I find it odd that anyone would really take these statements as facts rather than just a figure of speech.

It may have something to do with our having another chronic, grandiose exaggerator in high office. Musk had better avoid figures of speech like "biggest in history" and "never before in the history of this country."
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

webb14leafs
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:43 am
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2017

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 am

DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:18 pm
I give him huge props for trying in a “in my lifetime” timespan to get to Mars. NASA lost its way.
If by "way" you mean "funding", you are correct.

User avatar
jlv
Moderator
Posts: 1436
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:52 am

webb14leafs wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 am
DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:18 pm
I give him huge props for trying in a “in my lifetime” timespan to get to Mars. NASA lost its way.
If by "way" you mean "funding", you are correct.
NASA has not lost it's funding. It's just being directed by congress to support boondoggle projects such as SLS.
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
100K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5773
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:21 am

jlv wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:52 am
webb14leafs wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 am
DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:18 pm
I give him huge props for trying in a “in my lifetime” timespan to get to Mars. NASA lost its way.
If by "way" you mean "funding", you are correct.
NASA has not lost it's funding. It's just being directed by congress to support boondoggle projects such as SLS.
That would depend on your point of reference.
Image
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

EatsShootsandLeafs
Posts: 674
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 am
Delivery Date: 24 Aug 2012

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:36 am

smkettner wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 pm
EatsShootsandLeafs wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:49 am
I find it really unbelievable some of you think he is not just an abject liar. Robotaxi fleet 1M cars in 2020, teslas that supposedly appreciate multiple times over their life. These are not moon shots. They are just lies. And are roundly mocked when stated, so it's not like anybody (including musk) believes them when he says them.
OK and I find it odd that anyone would really take these statements as facts rather than just a figure of speech.
I agree. I do not take musk's statements as fact anymore.

WetEV
Posts: 3992
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:03 pm

TSLA is down 165 to 722 today.

Sound and fury, signifying ... nothing. Long term bull case is still active. As is the long term bear case. Probably just a reaction to recent price spike, not news or any real change.
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”