Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Re: TSLA corporate outlook

Tue May 12, 2020 10:47 pm

johnlocke wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:28 pm
The truth of the matter is that the Alameda County Health Officer is being a bit of a dick about opening the plant and so is Elon. If Elon would just shut up, he could have opened the plant on Monday anyway...
Yeah, but a win-win just doesn't cut it these days. Everyone must be convinced you won and THE OTHER GUYS LOST because of your big balls.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Wed May 13, 2020 2:38 pm

https://electrek.co/2020/05/12/tesla-su ... ion-op-ed/
Tesla superfandom becomes toxic, negative for electric revolution [op-ed]

Fred Lambert

Tesla’s rise in popularity over the last decade created an incredible fanbase that would make Apple jealous. Just as the Cupertino, California, tech company made people fall in love with their phones, Tesla was able seduce their customers to fall in love with their cars.

However, some fringe groups have slipped into super fandom, which is becoming toxic due to slews of attacks against anything that can be perceived as negative toward Tesla.

In my opinion, the attacks and misinformation are not contributing positively to the electric revolution. Here’s why.

Let me preface this by making it clear that I consider myself a fan of Tesla, and it would be hard for anyone to dispute that. I am the happy owner of three Tesla cars (models S, 3, and X) and a satisfied shareholder, but more importantly, I am a believer in Tesla’s mission to accelerate the adoption of electric transport and renewable energy.

Over the last five years, I’ve written over 7,000 articles about electric vehicles. About 6,000 of them were about Tesla, and I’d estimate that about 95% of them offer a positive look at the company.

Now, I am not blind to the fact that I contributed to creating this super fandom around Tesla. I was an early influencer in the Tesla community as Electrek quickly became the biggest electric vehicle publication in the world, with now 10 million monthly readers.

That’s also why I feel the need to speak out on this.

I still stand by those articles, which again are mostly positive, but I can also admit that Tesla is not a perfect company and not beyond criticism. That’s why I also wrote several articles criticizing it, especially when it came to store closures and slashing employee compensation last year.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed May 13, 2020 4:18 pm

^^^
Well, Electrek is known to be Tesla fanboy site. What's really extreme is (won't post a direct link to it) is attacks from "MuskBros" esp to female reporters who write anything negative about Elon/Tesla.

Google for What It’s Like When Elon Musk’s Twitter Mob Comes After You thedailybeast. Has some NSFW language and some pretty outrageous behavior.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GaleHawkins
Delivery Date: 15 Oct 2019
Leaf Number: 311365

Thu May 14, 2020 7:16 am

GRA wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:38 pm
johnlocke wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:28 pm
The truth of the matter is that the Alameda County Health Officer is being a bit of a dick about opening the plant and so is Elon. If Elon would just shut up, he could have opened the plant on Monday anyway. It's likely that Tesla will prevail in court over opening the plant because the County Health Dept. may have overstepped it's legal bounds by continuing to require a full shutdown after mitigation efforts were in place.

No, Gov. Newsom has made it clear that counties are allowed to maintain tighter restrictions than the state ones, and six of the nine bay area counties, including Alameda, have chosen to do so. Which is why I'm in week 8 or maybe it's 9 of stay at home.

I think right now everyone's looking for a solution that saves face all around.

One thing's for sure - while Trump fans and Tesla fanboys may be cheering Elon on, a large % if Tesla customers, who tend to be more liberal and supportive of government enforcing public health measures, aren't happy with his antics.

This just in:
Health officials approve Tesla reopening plan after production restarted against county orders
https://www-kron4-com.cdn.ampproject.or ... -orders%2F
Sweden will keep buying Tesla since they are proving Elon Musk is correct and CA wrong.

WetEV

Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 am

Sweden has high social equality, due to high taxes and high spending on social welfare, such as public health care. High quality housing for the elderly. A large fraction can work from home. If that's what you mean by "correct", then maybe. Sweden can afford more disruptions from Covid than most of the world. Maybe taking the deaths now so that the herd immunity is reached earlier is correct. Depends on things we can't know, such as how long will an effective and safe vaccine take to develop.

What does this have to do with Tesla and Musk? Is Musk going to offer fully paid health care for the whole community?
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed May 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Tesla drops lawsuit against California’s Alameda County over coronavirus restrictions
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/20/tesla-d ... ounty.html

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

WetEV

Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 am

I also heard from many fans that Musk is behaving less like humankind’s savior and more like a ruthless industrialist.
That's been clear for a while.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... ts/611887/
WetEV
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

sparky
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011

Thu May 21, 2020 3:23 pm

WetEV wrote:
I also heard from many fans that Musk is behaving less like humankind’s savior and more like a ruthless industrialist.

Can be both. Perhaps even a requirement.

GRA

Thu May 21, 2020 4:44 pm

sparky wrote:
WetEV wrote:

On the cover of the latest "Fortune": "Jesus vs. Buddha - Corporate Titans Battle for Control of the Solar System" :lol:
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Thu May 21, 2020 5:54 pm

sparky wrote:
WetEV wrote:

Yah, you beat me to it. Pretty much a requirement if he’s going to gain any momentum.
2020 Model 3 Tesla. AWD with FSD. Deep metallic blue. Our daily driver.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh Culis Red. Sold. Was my daily driver. Loved that car.
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”