Leaf15
Delivery Date: 09 Jun 2018

Re: Hyundai Ioniq BEV, hybrid, and PHEV.

Thu May 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Triggerhappy007 wrote:What's your avg mph? What is your m/kWh at 70 mph? Thanks
I drive at 60-65mph, mostly highway commute. Never follow any car ahead, as I learned, with very low Cd it is actually bad for efficiency to drag behind other car. Used to commute Leaf in Eco mode at 50-55mph and mostly dragged behind trucks to stay at 4.6m/kWh on the same commute. BTW, Ioniq is the only EV besides Tesla with very low Cd=0.24, although speed is still a factor, but multiplier is lower, way lower.
Leaf 2015 SV CPO traded for 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV Limited

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:27 pm

I used one of the ChargePoint 62.5 kW DC FCs (it's set to free) and there was an Ioniq Electric (very rare to see one in the wild in Nor Cal) ahead of me charging. I recall seeing him at 60.8 kW even though he was past 50% and I think 55%. Impressive. I don't recall when he hit a sharp ramp down but I guess it was probably at around the same SoC as the 175 kW line at https://insideevs.com/news/338777/lets- ... tric-cars/ for Ioniq.

It was a blue one and the driver was definitely not the same as another blue one that I'd seen using free public L2 charging before.

I knew my Bolt wouldn't get higher than 55 kW on that DC FC and that was definitely the case. IIRC, I was at around 52% SoC or when my Bolt started ramping down to ~38.x kW. I was planning to take off when I got ramped down to 24.x kW but it seemed like it was actually ramping down to 27.x kW. An e-Golf showed up while I was charging and I told the driver I'd take off when I'm down to 24 kW. I ended up just jetting at the 27.x kW mark.

I didn't show up nearly empty so I wasn't at full speed for too long. In the end, the session resulted in 18.47 kWh in 27 minutes. While talking to the e-Golf guy, my thermal management kicked in w/the loud AC compressor going and warm air being blown into the "engine" compartment.

Side note: Was in SF earlier today and saw an i-MiEV on the road. Sightings of those in the wild are very rare.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:26 pm

cwerdna wrote: Side note: Was in SF earlier today and saw an i-MiEV on the road. Sightings of those in the wild are very rare.
Oddly enough, I've seen two iMiEVs in the past month in the east bay, but I probably hadn't seen one for a year or more before that, and I think my total number of sightings ever is still in the single digits. As a local/commute car, along with Smart EDs they still make a ton of sense, or they would if they just had more range.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”