Leaf Number: 422121

Re: AFV Truck/Commercial Vehicle and (non-BEV) Bus thread

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:10 am

GRA wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:45 pm
IEVS:
Morris Commercial Introduces Sentimental Electric Morris JE Van
https://insideevs.com/news/382554/elect ... is-je-van/

It's a premium all-electric van with retro styling and 200 miles (320 km) of range, capable of taking 1,000 kg of payload. . . .

Carbon-fiber body, probably around 60kWh pack.
Interesting that van is made by Morris, I see it every episode when watching the Press(British show) on PBS. It always catches my eye but I thought the front insignia was of a Citroen(2 boomerangs pointed upward) it's a food truck located in the plaza between the 2 competing newspapers.
I personally like the looks of this vehicle but too bad due to our WAY! outdated chicken tax we'll never see a vehicle like this in the good ole' USA :roll: land of the import taxes :x
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

GRA

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:21 pm

GCC:
Hyundai’s Hydrogen Mobility Solution wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award
https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/1 ... ih2jv.html

There's a photo, showing the cylindrical H2 tanks stacked vertically at the front end of the cargo box, directly behind the cab.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:39 pm

IEVS:
Anheuser-Busch Completes First Ever Zero-Emission Beer Delivery
https://insideevs.com/news/383929/anheu ... -delivery/

An all-electric BYD truck and a hydrogen fuel cell Nikola H2 truck delivered cargo for Anheuser-Busch.

Anheuser-Busch, one of the pioneers of using zero emission vehicles, this week has completed its first ever "Zero-Emission Beer Delivery" in the company’s hometown of St. Louis in partnership with BYD and Nikola.

For the Nikola H2 hydrogen fuel cell truck it was actually the very first cargo delivered fory a customer. Together with an all-electric BYD 8TT truck model, beer was delivered from the local Anheuser-Busch brewery to the Enterprise Center.
  • "This morning, a Nikola hydrogen-electric truck picked up the load of beer, including flagship beer brand Bud Light, and delivered it to Anheuser-Busch local wholesaler partner, Lohr Distributors – marking the first commercial delivery onboard a Nikola hydrogen-electric vehicle. Lohr Distributors then delivered the beer to the Enterprise Center, home of the St. Louis Blues, on a BYD electric truck – a milestone delivery for the brewer as the beer reached its destination with zero-emissions from transportation."
Anheuser-Busch so far reportedly ordered/reserved up to 800 Nikola hydrogen fuel cell trucks, 40 Tesla Semi and is deploying 21 BYD 8TT truck in a pilot project.

We believe that the actual purchase of Nikola trucks will be highly dependent on the performance, reliability and real cost evaluated in the test period. . . .

As presumably is also the case with the Tesla and BYD BEV trucks - that's what dem/val is for.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:19 pm

GCC:
Stadler and SBCTA sign contract for first hydrogen-powered train in US; FLIRT H2
https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/1 ... adler.html

Stadler and San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) have signed the first contract to supply a hydrogen-powered train to run in the United States. SBCTA awarded the contract with an option to order four more vehicles in the future. The FLIRT H2 train is planned for passenger service in 2024.

Stadler FLIRT (Fast Light Intercity and Regional Train) is a passenger multiple unit (MU) trainset. The baseline FLIRT is an electric MU articulated trainset that can come in units of two to twelve cars with two to six motorized axles.

The hydrogen-powered FLIRT H2 vehicle is planned to be introduced in 2024 as part of the Redlands Passenger Rail Project (Arrow), a nine-mile connector between Redlands and San Bernardino’s Metrolink station.

The ordered vehicle consists of two cars with a power pack in between. This holds the fuel cells and the hydrogen tanks. The train is expected to have seating space for 108 passengers and in addition generous standing room. The FLIRT H2 is projected to transport passengers with a maximum speed of up to 79 mph (130 km/h). . . .

Serving more than 2.1 million residents of San Bernardino County, the SBCTA is responsible for cooperative regional planning and furthering an efficient multi-modal transportation system countywide. The SBCTA administers Measure I, the half-cent transportation sales tax approved by county voters in 1989, and supports freeway construction projects, regional and local road improvements, train and bus transportation, railroad crossings, call boxes, ridesharing, congestion management efforts, and long-term planning studies.

GRA

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:18 pm

IEVS:
Nikola, IVECO And FPT Reveals All-Electric Nikola Tre Semi: Videos
https://insideevs.com/news/385827/iveco-fpt-nikola-tre/

GRA

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:20 pm

IEVS:
Nikola, IVECO And FPT Reveals All-Electric Nikola Tre Semi: Videos
https://insideevs.com/news/385827/iveco-fpt-nikola-tre/

For Europe. BEV planned on-sale date 2021, FCEV 2023.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”