OrientExpress wrote:The preference has been overwhelming for a bar graph much like a gas gauge with a range to empty numerical display. While this numerical representation is also variable, it is preferred.
1) I'd prefer a numerical display for SOC%.
2) I'd prefer a range to 20% capacity over a range to empty almost all of the time. Have it switch to range to empty only after passing 20%, and flash or change color or something.
3) I'd like a battery temperature readout in degrees C. Sure, all the F people can't read it. That's OK.
4) I'd like the charge location in the front, rather than the sides.
5) I'd like a charge to percentage setting. Or a "Hill top" setting. Or some other easy way to limit charging percentage
1) When doing a trip where I actually need to look at SOC%, I don't want to have to count bars to check if I'm on track to getting to my destination. Even a readout that counts by 5% would be better than a bar graph. Head unit display would be OK. Most days, I'm not going far enough to matter.
2) I don't plan on arriving below 20%, as the battery will last longer if not discharged beyond this far. Yes, I know there is a buffer.
3) When driving in mountains with lots of power and regen, or on a long trip with multiple DCQCs, I'd like to have a clue as to how hot my battery is getting. Also has an impact on DCQC time. Head unit display would be OK.
4) Side of car charging ports are a pain. Back side is worse.
5) I want regeneration leaving my house. I live on a steep hill, and don't want only friction braking leaving my house.