Bollinger Motors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

For those looking for a no-fluff, pure utilitarian BEV pickup, via GCC:
Bollinger Motors previews B2 electric pickup
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2018/10/20181011-b2.html

Bollinger also has a B1 SUV with the same drivetrain components. Who knows if they'll make it to production, but I like working vehicles like this (I've always been partial to old Land Rovers and VW Things, or as they were known in WW2, Kubelwagens and I thought the plastic (similar to if not actually Lexan) body panels of the Norwegian Think urban car were a brilliant way to defeat the best efforts of errant shopping carts and incautious doors openers to put dings in them).

I really like the original two door B2. I'm not such a big fan of the four-door that they're planning on sending into production. And the truck I really don't like. But I can see that there's probably a lot of customers that like the four-door and the truck.

I wish them success in the market.

I guess the good news is that battery tech has advanced from where you needed something like Aptera to squeeze every meter of range from a tiny pack, to where manufacturers don't have to give a right damn about aerodynamics.

Nubo said:
I guess the good news is that battery tech has advanced from where you needed something like Aptera to squeeze every meter of range from a tiny pack, to where manufacturers don't have to give a right damn about aerodynamics.

The trick is to open the frunkgate and tailgate at once.

LeftieBiker said:
Nubo said:

The trick is to open the frunkgate and tailgate at once.

Yes, but A/C consumption might be a little high!

Mullen Automotive buys a controlling stake in Bollinger Motors
Mullen will sooner or later resurrect Bollinger's off-roaders
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/09/08/mullen-automotive-bollinger-motors/

Back