Leaf15
Delivery Date: 09 Jun 2018

Re: They're baaaack. GCR: 1,000 mile electric car unveiled; Aptera returns 10 years later

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:53 am

Rebel44 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:00 am
They might as well claim that it cures cancer - the company owners just want to scam some more $ before the company folds.
Except that they do not and claims of 40mi/day is reasonable and achievable as this car only uses 1kWh for 10 miles. It is not difficult to understand it is very possible to harvest 4kWh solar energy during day light from the top surface of a car (bigger area than 4 x 250W medium efficiency solar panels). No degree in rocket science is needed.
Leaf 2015 SV CPO traded for 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV Limited

rmay635703

Re: They're baaaack. GCR: 1,000 mile electric car unveiled; Aptera returns 10 years later

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Given the taxes on plug in anything, I rather have their original diesel concept.

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:38 am

First, why would anyone send them money "So they can make a prototype to test??" That would be giving them money to play with their toys, and they could just fold up and go home at the end.... Most investors invest when it is manufacturing time.

Most importantly - What the hell would someone do with a 1000 mile range "clown car"? When you go long distance, you need to bring STUFF, which does not fit in a car the size of the Mercury space capsule...

Leaf15
Delivery Date: 09 Jun 2018

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:32 am

powersurge wrote:
First, why would anyone send them money "So they can make a prototype to test??" That would be giving them money to play with their toys, and they could just fold up and go home at the end.... Most investors invest when it is manufacturing time.

Most importantly - What the hell would someone do with a 1000 mile range "clown car"? When you go long distance, you need to bring STUFF, which does not fit in a car the size of the Mercury space capsule...
Your ignorance is showing. Please do some research before posting this uneducated blabber. The cargo space is bigger than in Model 3 and Prius and better arranged. It is not small, The width is same as chunky Model S and length of a Prius. They offer 3 range models 400, 600 and 1000. The crowd funding is not to build cars - it is to unlock private financing > $200m, which they already reached the minimal goal.
Leaf 2015 SV CPO traded for 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV Limited

powersurge

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:06 am

Leaf15 wrote:
powersurge wrote:

Your ignorance is showing. Please do some research before posting this uneducated blabber. The cargo space is bigger than in Model 3 and Prius and better arranged. It is not small, The width is same as chunky Model S and length of a Prius. They offer 3 range models 400, 600 and 1000. The crowd funding is not to build cars - it is to unlock private financing > $200m, which they already reached the minimal goal.
Up yours with calling an opinion "uneducated blabber". I can write whatever I want, and you are the dweeb for defending an unknown party that is looking to milk people's money. You get educated so you can spot a ponzi scheme.

EVDRIVER

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:14 am

I drove the 2e and I'm very familiar with the nonsense that went on at Aptera and it's not from the founders. Aptera failed because of the incompetent fools that came in and took over later blowing money on high salaries and $1000 office chairs. Surprisingly these new management "experts" people came from the ICE world. Anyone who knows the real story knows there were not a scam and were basically pushed out of business, many believed intentionally. Most of the comments here are based on ignorance of the company, the 2e was quite an amazing vehicle and had incredible cargo capacity. It was one of the funnest and coolest EVs I have ever driven. The events in that company were a bit of a scam but not from the founders. The demise of Aptera was pretty sad and pretty pathetic for those that know the real story and those that followed it closely were pretty disappointed about what the new leadership did.

EVDRIVER

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:17 am

powersurge wrote:
Leaf15 wrote:
powersurge wrote:

Up yours with calling an opinion "uneducated blabber". I can write whatever I want, and you are the dweeb for defending an unknown party that is looking to milk people's money. You get educated so you can spot a ponzi scheme.
No you can't say whatever you want and you have been officially warned.

powersurge

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:36 am

EVDRIVER wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:17 am
powersurge wrote:
Leaf15 wrote:

No you can't say whatever you want and you have been officially warned.
Thank you (EVDRIVER) for publicly memorializing my entire exchange with the other poster. I refuse to be scolded, rudely corrected, or bullied by people on this site when I write a comment... I see this happening way too often to other members, and refuse to accept this silently.

I will not accept that any unmannered know-it-all individual comment that I am "ignorant", or use "uneducated blabber" for making a comment. There are a number of individuals who put down and bully other's posters when they disagree. I wrote a strongly worded rebuke to this individual (which did not contain inappropriate language). If you feel it important to contact me, Are you also sending warnings to those people for their comments to me?

I promise that I will not write adversarial responses to others in the future, but I promise you that I will make public comments of inappropriate, or other poor behavior of members in the future. Also, I promise that I will contact you when I find bullying happening to others on this forum so that poorly mannered individuals will monitor their behavior in the future... In the interest of community, I hope that you handle future inappropriate comments with the swiftness you contacted me. Again, thank you for contacting me.

EVDRIVER

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:57 am

This is the issue with your post:

"Up yours with calling an opinion "uneducated blabber". I can write whatever I want, and you are the dweeb"

rmay635703

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:42 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:14 am
I drove the 2e and I'm very familiar with the nonsense that went on at Aptera and it's not from the founders. Aptera failed because of the incompetent fools that came in and took over later blowing money on high salaries and $1000 office chairs. Surprisingly these new management "experts" people came from the ICE world. Anyone who knows the real story knows there were not a scam and were basically pushed out of business, many believed intentionally. Most of the comments here are based on ignorance of the company, the 2e was quite an amazing vehicle and had incredible cargo capacity. It was one of the funnest and coolest EVs I have ever driven. The events in that company were a bit of a scam but not from the founders. The demise of Aptera was pretty sad and pretty pathetic for those that know the real story and those that followed it closely were pretty disappointed about what the new leadership did.
Yeah, Aptera near the end was a mess and wouldn’t get off the pot so to say. The auto exec management move never made any sense to me.

My father wanted to put down a deposit and I convinced him not to (glad I did)

If Aptera manages to be 3 wheel motorcycle EV tax exempt (which is the case for the moment)
And they get a useable product to market quickly without an immense price tag I would consider one.

It would be my 2nd EV with the first having nonexpiring collector plates 1981 Comutacar.

With the taxes and fuel prices where they are at I’ve had to opt out of newer tech like hybrids and EVs
since it’s a money looser all around TCO with taxes and insurance is lower on my old 50mpg+ gas cars.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”