Official VW ID.4 topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have goofed and moved a post to the wrong topic - if so I apologize. GRA is creating so many topics lately I thought he's duplicated one. This isn't a race to drive me nuts first, folks...

I'm creating so many topics lately? On the contrary, I've cut way back. But I confess to being confused - is there an ID.5 as well as an ID.4 now? VW isn't making this easy.

GRA said:
I'm creating so many topics lately? On the contrary, I've cut way back. But I confess to being confused - is there an ID.5 as well as an ID.4 now? VW isn't making this easy.
ID 5 is the Vision Wagon concept car and is slated to go into production in 2022.

johnlocke said:
GRA said:
ID 5 is the Vision Wagon concept car and is slated to go into production in 2022.

Ok, thanks, hopefully I'll keep them straight now:

ID.3 = Golf Replacement, not coming to U.S.

ID.4 = Crozz CUV, coming to U.S.

ID.5 = Biggish wagon, U.S.? I forget.

IEVS:
VW ID.4 Price Expected To Be In Low To Mid $30,000 Range After Credit
https://insideevs.com/news/385260/vw-id4-price-cheap/

Moreover, the effective price should be maintained even when the federal tax credit is gone

According to Scott Keogh, Volkswagen of America CEO, the upcoming ID.4 all-electric car, in the U.S. market should be effectively available from the low- to mid-$30,000 range after including the federal tax credit.

Considering $7,500 incentive, the MSRP should be then $40,000-$42,500 or so. . . .

The Automotive News' article says that the plan is to maintain the net price even after the Volkswagen Group (Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche brands) sells 200,000 plug-ins and enters a six-quarter phase-out of the incentive.

Scott Keogh clearly suggest that having a high-volume MEB-platform will be enough to gradually absorb lack of the incentives, after around two years of using it (by the MEB-based models). In other words, a few years from now, ID.4 should get an MSRP of approximately mid-$30,000.

• ""We don't want to all of a sudden have a $10,000 [price jump], so this is the magic of the cells and batteries and everything else" that is done at scale globally using the MEB platform strategy to drive down costs, Keogh explained. "But this is where we know we gotta get. . . ."

Still priced too high for mainstream consumers after the credits run out, as they need a base MSRP no more than say $30k before options, but moving in the right direction.

Back