ANY IDEAS ABOUT THE HONDA E CAR TO BE SOLD IN EUROPE?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powersurge

I recently have been seeing youtube videos about the Honda E EV that will be sold in Europe this year.

It will not be sold in the U.S. because Honda does not think it will sell here??

Is that the one with the crazy small U-turn ability? something like 13' which is less than 1/2 a normal car, if I remember correctly. Honda really hasn't done anything EV wise in the US, they have the Clarity hydrogen car and Insight, not even plugin, Honda's N. America EV ventures is even worse than Toyota which finally seems to be moving in the right direction.

Yep, found the thread:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26326

jjeff said:
Is that the one with the crazy small U-turn ability? something like 13' which is less than 1/2 a normal car, if I remember correctly. Honda really hasn't done anything EV wise in the US, they have the Clarity hydrogen car and Insight, not even plugin, Honda's N. America EV ventures is even worse than Toyota which finally seems to be moving in the right direction.

Yep, found the thread:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26326

Actually, Honda's Clarity is a plug-in with a 24 KWH battery. I am seriously considering it as my next electric vehicle, over the Leaf. The only problem with the Honda is that it is a true SEDAN, with a true separate trunk. I really want a hatchback to haul bigger things...

The good thing is that the car is much better quality than the Leaf, and a Honda hybrid will last for 200,000 miles without worrying about the battery....

The good thing is that the car is much better quality than the Leaf, and a Honda hybrid will last for 200,000 miles without worrying about the battery....

Honda's record with lithium batteries is pretty mixed. I'm not aware of any big issue with the Fit EV, but the hybrids seem to suffer from early battery failures. I'd look into that first.

LeftieBiker said:

Honda's record with lithium batteries is pretty mixed. I'm not aware of any big issue with the Fit EV, but the hybrids seem to suffer from early battery failures. I'd look into that first.

Thanks Leftie, I was basing my prediction from prior experience with hybrids. I have a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid with 130K miles on it.

It is a 14 year old car that still runs fine....

Back