Only 5 Phonebook entries? Really!??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertakaplan

I am a new Leaf owner, and as I worked my way through the manuals, setting up the car's various functions, I was defeated when I tried to enter more than 5 phone numbers in the Vehicle Phone book. After speaking with my sales person, and reading posts on this forum, I learned that while many hundreds of phone numbers can be transferred from various smart phones into the Leaf's memory, only 5 can be put in manually. This was astounding to me.

While I do not have a smart phone, I do have a phone that can use bluetooth for hands free talking, and It would be nice to be able to put more than 5 numbers into the car's memory.

Why is there such a low limit? On my Prius (where I also cannot download my phone book into the car) I can input as many numbers as I want.

Surely this is a software issue, and hopefully a fix can be created.

Thanks

New, but frustrated Leaf Owner.

Nope, it is what it is; five. Even a phone book upload has a low limitation of 300. Unfortunately, is just another example of poor software design and cost cutting...

robertakaplan said:
Surely this is a software issue, and hopefully a fix can be created.

Just choose "Handset Phonebook" and not "Vehicle Phonebook", if you want access to more of the numbers on your phone. I do have a Smartphone, but I think that's more a function of Bluetooth rather than the phone itself, so your phonebook should be available (up to 300 numbers). The "Vehicle Phonebook" is really only for your most called numbers.

Of course, you could have an incompatible phone, like I did with the old Sony Ericsson I had when I first got my car - it wouldn't sync it's phonebook at all.

mwalsh said:
Just choose "Handset Phonebook" and not "Vehicle Phonebook", if you want access to more of the numbers on your phone. I do have a Smartphone, but I think that's more a function of Bluetooth rather than the phone itself, so your Phonebook should be available (up to 300 numbers). The "Vehicle Phonebook" is really only for your most called numbers.
Yep, that is what I do. No smart phone, but Bluetooth allows me access to the phone's data. Works for me.

Back