NSXTASY
Delivery Date: 31 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 018902

Re: Put. This. Commercial. On. TV.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 am

FalconFour wrote: Point is that no, the cars aren't flying off the lots. Here in Fresno I got a year-old 2011 LEAF in September this year that was still sold (leased) as "new" because it hadn't been sold. Because Nissan isn't advertising the LEAF here. Nobody knows it exists and dealers aren't pointing them out. Dealers still drive gas-powered cars and don't understand the LEAF. People need to ask for it by name, and people don't even know it exists outside of me just driving it around.
you are so correct, unfortunately... in the 3 contacts I had with the local dealership, nobody (from sales person to Financial, to manager) was properly trained to handle a LEAF customer. They had no idea what it really is, the features erc... advertising will draw folks in but lack of training will not help sales.

TomT
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:23 am

Unfortunately, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception. The Nissan dealer just down the street from me is clueless when it comes to all things Leaf.
NSXTASY wrote:you are so correct, unfortunately... in the 3 contacts I had with the local dealership, nobody (from sales person to Financial, to manager) was properly trained to handle a LEAF customer. They had no idea what it really is, the features erc... advertising will draw folks in but lack of training will not help sales.
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Tesla Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

vrwl
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 8597

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:38 am

cyellen wrote:This commercial IS on in the US...I see it on CNN all the time.
+1 I see it regularly on CNN
Vicki
2011 Silver SL-Mfg 8/11-Purch 6/12
34000 miles

NSXTASY
Delivery Date: 31 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 018902

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 pm

TomT wrote:Unfortunately, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception. The Nissan dealer just down the street from me is clueless when it comes to all things Leaf.
NSXTASY wrote:you are so correct, unfortunately... in the 3 contacts I had with the local dealership, nobody (from sales person to Financial, to manager) was properly trained to handle a LEAF customer. They had no idea what it really is, the features erc... advertising will draw folks in but lack of training will not help sales.
Today I got a follow up call from NISSAN about my transaction experience with the LEAF. I told them exactly what I wrote earlier, making sure the dealership would not get dinged b/c they did provide every and any help they could. They just did not have all the info and tools (training) to educate me or steer me towards a LEAF if I wasnt already motivated when I went in the first place. I blame NISSAN who is setting the salespeople in the dealerships for FAILURE.

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”