Electric4Me
Delivery Date: 08 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 772

Re: headlights that shine toward where you are turning?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:31 pm

I was told by a Tesla Model S owner that their car had the steering wheel activated side headlights, but I haven't been able to confirm this online... (or in person)
Bill Davis
2011 Cayenne Red SL
2014 Toyota RAV4 EV
6.4 kW PV system
Fun in the Leaf! (video)

Alex

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Electric4Me wrote:I was told by a Tesla Model S owner that their car had the steering wheel activated side headlights, but I haven't been able to confirm this online... (or in person)
I got my Model S yesterday and it does have steering wheel activated side lights. They come on if you turn the steering wheel and are going over a certain speed. I can't test it very much because the car didn't come with any temporary registration and I'm only driving it around the neighborhood.
Switched from Leaf to Tesla Model S

Computerizer
Delivery Date: 19 Dec 2012

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Although this feature would be nice, something that might be cheaper for them to do would be just to make the headlights shine a little more out to the sides in the first place. I noticed switching to my LEAF from my prior car, a 2008 Prius (which had regular old headlights), the region of the road covered by the lights left-to-right is MUCH smaller. The Prius would illuminate more to the sides, though not very brightly, so that I could see where I was turning to a little bit.
Tyrel Haveman
Current: 2013 LEAF SL (Brilliant Silver), 2017 Bolt LT (Red)
Previous: 2016 Kia Soul EV+ (Titanium Grey); 2013 LEAF SV (Blue Ocean), 2012 LEAF SL (Glacier Pearl)
100% Solar PV (12.125 kW ground-mount)
Bellingham, WA

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”