CeeDub
Delivery Date: 22 Aug 2013

Re: please redesign the shifter!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 pm

:D
Last edited by CeeDub on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

z0ner
Delivery Date: 18 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 0909

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:20 pm

CeeDub wrote:
z0ner wrote:Are you bored? You already have seven posts on a forum for a car you don't have and don't ever plan on getting. Shouldn't you be on the Versa forum (assuming they even exist)?
I still may get one, my versa got totalled in a crash, now i'm considering getting a Leaf for myself, not my wife. Make more sense now? Bored? I'm not taking taking the time to count my posts..... I'm a lil suprised at the lack of common decent communication skills on here from some Leaf people...
Unless your Versa got totalled between 12:21pm and now, you said you would only "get one" if the shifter got a redesign for MY2014. It won't happen, so your answer is clear. If familiarity with GAS cars is more your thing, then sure - get the FitEV, Fiat 500e, or RAV4EV.

As far as decent communication skills, maybe you should be more clear in your ramblings. First you said Nissan would lose your business if they didn't redesign the shifter, then when you got called out on this silliness you made your wife the potential victim, now you say you're still considering one, and the saga goes on... You're posts are seemingly trollish, and you've praised the FitEV over the LEAF twice now :?:

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 am

johnrhansen wrote:It took me a minute to keep from getting mixed up with fwd and rev. It's opposite as to what I would intuitively think. But I got used to it.
Didn't bother me. I've usually had manual transmission cars, and the position of reverse is sometimes forward, sometimes back so I had no intuition to violate. :)
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

ObiQuiet
Delivery Date: 10 Aug 2013

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:42 am

johnrhansen wrote:I've usually had manual transmission cars, and the position of reverse is sometimes forward, sometimes back so I had no intuition to violate. :)
Agreed, though I think it would be nice (better?) if one could tell forward from reverse by feel or position of a lever, without having to look at the dash.

TomT
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:48 am

If the car moves to the back, it is in reverse. If it moves to the front, it is in forward. Simple! :lol:
ObiQuiet wrote:
johnrhansen wrote:I've usually had manual transmission cars, and the position of reverse is sometimes forward, sometimes back so I had no intuition to violate. :)
Agreed, though I think it would be nice (better?) if one could tell forward from reverse by feel or position of a lever, without having to look at the dash.
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Tesla Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

johnrhansen
Delivery Date: 15 Jun 2013
Leaf Number: 409445

Re: redesign the shifter

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:30 pm

I have mine figured out.. adjusting to it was just a minor pothole in the road of life. Still It should have been the other way if you ask me.
2013 S model with quick charge package.
AV 30 amp level 2 EVSE, Bosch PowerMax 30 Amp EVSE, EVSE upgraded EVSE.

CeeDub
Delivery Date: 22 Aug 2013

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm

ObiQuiet wrote:
yes! bingo!

GIBBER
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2013
Leaf Number: 409884

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Redesign the shifter indeed. I do like the look and the function is simple but I think it's a waste of space. The shift functions could be better served by buttons on the dash leaving the console area (already quite tight on space) free for real cup holders, coin holders, deeper under armrest storage etcetera,.
CeeDub wrote:I think the leaf would be better served with a more regular shift pattern on the shifter. Just use the same "computer mouse" shifter and make it slide back and forth with the usual P R N D pattern with the B mode added after D. The side action seems totally unnecessary. Simple change that should cost Nissan almost nothing. I think it would appeal to a broader buyer base rather than just the early adopters and teck-savy buyers.
"You must unlearn what you have learned" -Yoda
200 Km Club

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:29 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:I think you are in an extreme minority on this topic. Once of the issues with the LEAF is it is too much like a ICE car, sadly. If this kept you from buying the car then an EV is not for you, likely many consumer electronics as well.
Agreed... interesting that the OP has decided to wipe out most of his posts.

Nothing wrong w/the shifter. Leave it the way it is.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

johnrhansen
Delivery Date: 15 Jun 2013
Leaf Number: 409445

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:51 pm

It's already a standard now. You can't change it.
2013 S model with quick charge package.
AV 30 amp level 2 EVSE, Bosch PowerMax 30 Amp EVSE, EVSE upgraded EVSE.

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”