Add this feature!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryHouck

When gas lights were replaced by electric bulbs people didn't put shades on them to display their new technology. So my LEAF won't have a tailpipe and no one will ever see me at a gas station. Hmmm, we need a better identity. I know I'll laugh out loud as I pass those gas stations. That's what a LEAF needs, a GPS system that knows when it's passing a gas station and produces a hearty laugh or a big fat PBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTT as it goes by.

HarryHouck said:
That's what a LEAF needs, a GPS system that knows when it's passing a gas station and produces a hearty laugh or a big fat PBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTT as it goes by.
If you really want to, you can actually do this. I only have "Manual experience" with this (not expecting my Leaf for at least another month) but page 3-61 of the Navigation System Owner's Manual indicates that you can have a stored location and associate a 'sound' with it when you approach the location from certain directions.

Obviously this isn't as good as having the car just do this with all gas stations, but you could program in a few gas stations that you normally pass and associate a sound with them.

I don't know what sounds are available (the screen shot shows "Chime", "Melody", "Sound" (??), "Dog" and "Cat", but shows a scroll bar indicating there are more sounds). I also haven't read any experiences from Leaf Owners about this feature so I don't know how well it works.

Why don't you add a light on the lock and window control button in the arm rest? Passengers always have a problem exiting the car while running.....

Back