GregH
Delivery Date: 13 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 26967

Things that should and should not be automatic..

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 pm

I would like it if:

1: I didn't have to hit "ok" on the NAV to allow Nissan access to my stats EVERY TIME I START THE CAR
This could be a setting somewhere (ie, always allow, never allow, ask on startup)

2: I didn't have to log in every 3rd time on the iPhone app.. I know it's easy as it remembers the user name and PW, but why not just do this automatically? If I wanted to change vehicles (I don't) you could have an option in the settings to change accounts or something..

3: I personally do NOT like the auto locking doors at 15mph (or whatever).. there should be a way to disable this.
'17 blue Volt Premier w/ACC
'12 SL black Leaf
'11 SL blue Leaf
RAV4-EV 2002-2005
Gen1 & Gen2 EV1 1997-2003
PV 2.4Kw, 10kWh lithium battery SCE TOU-DA

LindaK
Delivery Date: 12 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 00531

Re: Things that should and should not be automatic..

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:50 pm

+1 on your items #1 and 3, altho' I think #1 is a lost cause. And I am still an Android user waiting for my app.

If you find a way to disable the door lock please let us all know!!

blorg

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:16 pm

For #3, read this page on this thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=30

#1 is a big deal for a lot of people on this forum. Hopefully Nissan will listen eventually and find some other way to keep the lawyers at bay.

As for being "automatic", there are two things that I would prefer to be "manual" versus "automatic" (actually they're more electronic and automatic, but whatever):
A) E-brake. I don't like it being electronic, I like a physical handle or pedal to operate the brake.
B) Shifter. I would prefer a shift gate, or something where the handle would stay in position. Too many times I start the car, then put it in gear, and it won't go because I did it too quick and it only went to Neutral, so I have to do it again. Basically the problem is that I'm trying to shift into Drive before it has fully booted up (or something). If it was a regular shift gate, then the handle would be in place and it would eventually lock into Drive without me having to do it again.

planet4ever
Delivery Date: 02 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1537

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:38 am

OK, let's call blorg's #4 and #5. I personally agree with #1 and don't care about #2 (I don't have an iPhone) or #3. I agree with #4 (eBrake) but I like the way the shifter works (#5), probably because it's just like our Prius.

#6. Surprised I had to be the one to add this: There needs to be a way to control the climate system manually. Why can't I choose straight out that I want [inside/outside] air [heated/cooled/neither] coming to the [windshield/dash/floor/all]?

Ray
End of April 2013: Traded my 2011 SL for a 2013 S with charge pkg.

Herm
Delivery Date: 29 Aug 2012

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:58 am

Did anyone figure out the reason for electric parking brakes?.. other conventional cars are also using them so its not only a Leaf thing. It has to be more expensive than a handle with a cable. What was the problem with the older mechanical system?

Steve

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:28 am

planet4ever wrote: #6. Surprised I had to be the one to add this: There needs to be a way to control the climate system manually. Why can't I choose straight out that I want [inside/outside] air [heated/cooled/neither] coming to the [windshield/dash/floor/all]?

Ray
Can't you do this? I have mine set to outside air, dash, at the second speed. I set it on the drive home from the dealer a couple weeks ago and the only time I've monkeyed with it was to turn on the AC.
My Nissan Leaf Blog: http://www.smakl.com/leaf
Super Black SL-e
Rsvd 4/22/10
Delivered 6/22/11

Packet
Delivery Date: 02 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5017

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:59 am

Steve wrote:Can't you do this? I have mine set to outside air, dash, at the second speed. I set it on the drive home from the dealer a couple weeks ago and the only time I've monkeyed with it was to turn on the AC.
Yeah, this can be done manually. It's not terribly /intuitive/, however.
Reserved: 05/06/2011
RAQ: 05/06/2011
Ordered: 05/06/2011 (Black SL with Quick Charge)
Delivery: 07/02/2011 (took delivery of identical orphaned order!)
Ecotality: 06/09/2011 acceptance, 08/22/2011 install

Steve

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:49 am

Packet wrote:
Steve wrote:Can't you do this? I have mine set to outside air, dash, at the second speed. I set it on the drive home from the dealer a couple weeks ago and the only time I've monkeyed with it was to turn on the AC.
Yeah, this can be done manually. It's not terribly /intuitive/, however.
Maybe so. Way back in the old days, when I drove a car that... if you can believe this... ran on gasoline, it was a Mazda 5. Had a similar climate control system. I guess after using that, I don't find the Nissan climate controls to be too much of a hassle. Of course, there's always the (very real) possibility that I don't know what I'm talking about, which is why I posed it as a question.

But, Ray. The important thing is that I believe you can get what you're looking for. If you take a little time to get used to the system, turn off the auto-temp button and have a little patience, you'll figure the climate controls out and get your fresh air from the vent. :)
My Nissan Leaf Blog: http://www.smakl.com/leaf
Super Black SL-e
Rsvd 4/22/10
Delivered 6/22/11

planet4ever
Delivery Date: 02 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1537

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Steve wrote:But, Ray. The important thing is that I believe you can get what you're looking for. If you take a little time to get used to the system, turn off the auto-temp button and have a little patience, you'll figure the climate controls out and get your fresh air from the vent. :)
OK, I guess I should have read the manual. I see now that I was overlooking two things, the MODE button and the ON-OFF button under the big AUTO button. It seems odd that there is an on/off for A/C and another on/off for A/C and heater, but at least I can see a way through this now.

Ray
End of April 2013: Traded my 2011 SL for a 2013 S with charge pkg.

BudRaymond
Delivery Date: 07 May 2011

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:17 am

How about not disabling the navigation menu over 5 mph. What precludes a passenger from operating the menus while the driver is driving?
Very annoying.
eTec Blue Ocean
56k miles
9th bar dropped 9/2015

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”