Dashboard icons, blinkers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchthing

Please stop with those cutesy Japaneese little trees nonsense. Nobody needs them. I'd like to be able to see the clock better, the blinker triangles blinking better (i.e. bigger), etc. The important stuff.

Also, I cannot hear the blinker clicking. It's too soft and very often my blinker goes on until the song ends and there is a 2 second silence pause. There is nothing wrong with my hearing btw. The clicking needs to be louder.

ILETRIC said:
Please stop with those cutesy Japaneese little trees nonsense. Nobody needs them. I'd like to be able to see the clock better, the blinker triangles blinking better (i.e. bigger), etc. The important stuff.

Also, I cannot hear the blinker clicking. It's too soft and very often my blinker goes on until the song ends and there is a 2 second silence pause. There is nothing wrong with my hearing btw. The clicking needs to be louder.
I agree that the trees are sort of silly, but to me the turn signal sound is way too loud, and I do have impaired hearing.

Maybe your musc is too loud? :eek:

Bill

I have to assume that you are kidding. The Leaf has the loudest most annoying blinker I have ever had in a vehicle! When I am on the speaker phone with my wife from the car and have the blinker on, she says it sounds like a ticking time bomb!

ILETRIC said:

Maybe there's some secret setting that ILECTRIC accidentally hit that turns the blinker volume way down. If so, I'd sure like to know what it is. That thing drives me batty. I'm almost at the point where I want to cheat and not even use the turn signals. ... almost.

Ray

When I heard the OP said the blinker noise is too soft, and he has normal hearing, I truly thought he was being sarcastic to make a point that it's too loud. If he's truly serious, maybe it's time he goes in to have his hearing checked out now.

planet4ever said:
Maybe there's some secret setting that ILECTRIC accidentally hit that turns the blinker volume way down. If so, I'd sure like to know what it is. That thing drives me batty. I'm almost at the point where I want to cheat and not even use the turn signals. ... almost.

Ray
I am at the point where if sitting in a left turn lane waiting for the light, the blinkers get turned OFF.

Bill

ebill3 said:
planet4ever said:

Ray
I am at the point where if sitting in a left turn lane waiting for the light, the blinkers get turned OFF.

Bill
+1.

ebill3 said:
planet4ever said:
I'm almost at the point where I want to cheat and not even use the turn signals. ... almost.
Yup, guilty as charged. I frequently use a street with two lanes in each direction which widens to three at a major intersection, and two of the three become left turn only lanes. I'm normally in the left of the two lanes and go straight to be in the center of the three. I don't even turn on my blinker until the left turn signal turns green, unless I'm the first in line.

Ray

You guys must be right: I must have found the way to turn it down (which I obviously didn't) because I'm telling you, my hearing is excellent and I can barely hear the bugger even with the music off. I'd like to know how to turn it UP! Maybe there is a setting for this somewhere.

Back