Email notifications for ordering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tps

It is becoming apparent that something is quite wrong with the email notification system which alerts early reservation holders when they are allowed to order. More than one reservation holder has complained of not receiving the email in a timely fashion or at all.

I'm in tier 4 and have a reservation from 2010. So far as I can tell, although I'll not be allowed to order until "the end of the year", I received an email with the subject "Nissan Leaf: Get ready to order" on July 19, 2011. In that email, it states "We'll send you an e-mail when it's time to work with a dealer to pick your car's color, review options and get a quote. " However, some reservation holders apparently did not receive any email on or about the time their ordering window was about to open. My fear is that, in Nissan's reservation system, it's now recorded that I received my email notification, so I'll receive no further notification.

My guess is that I'll simply have to start checking "My Account" at the Nissan LEAF web site every day starting in November, else my wait of over a year will have been for nothing, as they'll re-open reservations in tier 4 before I realize I have been allowed to order and I'll get pushed back even further in the production queue.

I placed my first RAQ prior to getting my email. But I had happened to check my account the week before and noticed that home eval step was open. From then on, I checked my online account daily, and did my RAQ on 9/28.

Back