cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: Star Trek: Picard (warning: possible spoilers!)

'22 Niro EV
'19 Bolt Premier (bought back by GM)
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Words can not express how little I want to see this. I doubt I have the will to skip it entirely, but I'll probably watch it in dribs and drabs, as I do STD. Or the Expanse, of which I'm still barely into the start of the last season. The former Fringe people who have taken control of the Trek universe like to fill their episodes with what they consider to be the most-loved characters and memes of Star Trek, resulting in the Enterprise (and nearly every other ship) getting blown up over and over, snippets of old plots being re-woven into new story lines, and, now...Q. This is the Terran Empire all over again. It took me literally months to watch that...
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
cwerdna

'22 Niro EV

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
LeftieBiker

At last: a "Golden Girls" for Star Trek fans. ;) It also reminds me of the last time I watched a minute or two of "Grey's Anatomy." I only really watched the first season of that, and it was downright Frightening to see the original cast as they are now.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
frontrangeleaf
Delivery Date: 08 Jul 2019

I stopped watching Trek much when all the story lines went over to some flavor of fighting a war. That wasn't Roddenberry's vision for how the future might look.

I still have fond memories of TNG, that is still the best series that I'm familiar with.
Empty-nesters - NW Denver-Boulder Area

2019 Leaf SL Plus
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
2007 BMW Z4 3.0Si
2012 VW GTI: SOLD
cwerdna

frontrangeleaf wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:34 pm I stopped watching Trek much when all the story lines went over to some flavor of fighting a war. That wasn't Roddenberry's vision for how the future might look.

I still have fond memories of TNG, that is still the best series that I'm familiar with.
I'm guessing you're referring to https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Dominion_War in DS9. There was also https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Xindi_incident in Enterprise.

Indeed, Trek has taken a number of different directions ever since Gene died. I do agree what many say about TNG about everyone and the Federation mostly being too perfect then.

Disco and Picard have definitely taken Trek in a different direction. I can't speak to LD or Prodigy as I don't care about those, esp. Prodigy.

'22 Niro EV

cwerdna

There's a clip at 24:00 from S2:E1 of PIcard show at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTo-6bklcyw. It's quite a clip.

'22 Niro EV

LeftieBiker

I think I've seen it on er, the streaming service that has Picard - the name escapes me. Looks like they've abandoned the idea for a "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" remake with Picard and Q, and are doing something more ambitious. Good. ;)
BAFX OBDII Dongle
cwerdna

Well, it's now Paramount+ formerly aka CBS All Access. Gotta love the "creativity" out there. Got a streaming service? End it with +. There was even https://www.salesforce.com/news/press-r ... g-service/ (Salesforce+). :roll:

Then, there was this recently announced name change: https://www.cnet.com/news/viacomcbs-ann ... paramount/.

'22 Niro EV

LeftieBiker

THAT was what threw me off - I signed up for CBS AA and it became Paramount
+.
BAFX OBDII Dongle

Return to “Off-Topic”