Chaos on the Bridge (for Star Trek TNG fans)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

I stumbled across this on Netflix (in the US) a few days ago and watched it. It's only an hour long.

From https://vimeo.com/ondemand/chaosonthebridge
William Shatner, writer and director, takes on a journey of discovery into the creation of a television series. He speaks to virtually every major player, both in front of and behind the camera, who was involved with the production of The Next Generation. Traveling in both Canada and the United States, Shatner takes viewers to the back lot of Paramount Studios, a mission control room at NASA, the theatre stage and the largest Star Trek convention in the world to reveal the never-before-told story of Chaos on the Bridge.

FEATURING: William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Denise Crosby, Gates McFadden
DIRECTED BY: William Shatner
PRODUCED BY: William Shatner, Craig Thompson, Kevin Layne and David Zappone
(I didn't watch via Vimeo. I watched via Netflix streaming.)

IMHO, if you were a Star Trek TNG enthusiast, you'd probably find this piece entertaining and insightful. I didn't know there was so much chaos at the sausage factory.

For those w/Netflix outside the US, I have no idea if it's available for you.

I watched a bit more than half of it, at which point it starts to bog down. It's probably a better viewing experience for Shatner fans. It's pretty funny to learn that D.C. Fontana, who wrote many of the worst eps of the original series, was an integral part of NG. It's even funnier to learn that Roddenberry actually spoiled one of her scripts...

Strange: the Edit function isn't letting me fix that missing space between "her" and "scripts."

Back